So I had this crazy idea...

I have wanted since like 2003 to do some volk ce28n's in candy apple red, I am pretty sure that Tanaguchi-San had some (they were anodized btw) on one of his drift cars, unfortunately since overboost.com sucks hot donkey balls and nobody has any good pictures of the Tokyo Auto Salon from like 4-5 years back... I really don't have a reference picture to go by.

So I have these Volk Racing GT-U's which I needed to have a lip repaired on one of them, while also getting rid of the gold centers since I'm not down with that. I've also wanted to get some center caps but couldn't justify the cost. But since I'm going full ball on the wheels....

Let me show you what I had in mind.

This is how my wheel looks every day!



What I want to do is take the whole wheel and have it re-finished Candy Apple Red, and get a black pin stripe to replace the red on the previous wheels. Like this!



Quite frankly I don't care if anyone likes it, thinks it will be gross yada yada.

I hate wheels with polished lips, hate hate hate them. The wheels will have volk stickers put back on them after they're refinished and instead of the red pinstripe there will be a matte black pin stripe. I will also be getting the volk center caps but I think I may leave those Chrome or I may paint them black, we will see.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!