Digital Climate Control Madness...

So I was driving in the rain testing out my maf after cleaning it off and shit. Car is now powerful down low but feels like it's choking balls at the top of the powerband. Oh well fair trade off for drive-ability I suppose.

But also my windows fog up like a motherfucker because the defrost function for some reason doesn't work on my climate control.

Simone Video Blog from wayne edwards on Vimeo.

NOTE : IN TEST SCREEN 2.

21 - ambient temp sensor
22 - in cabin temp sensor
25 - sun load sensor


Sam at jspec.com says my wiring is at fault, I think I just have a faulty unit. My wiring is on POINT with the jdm wiring.


alright so the little flat plug picture at the bottom is connector M28. This is your mode door motor harness connector, it should be brown.

to get an idea of how you're to look at the connector to tell which wire is which with the diagram above. If the dot above the grid numbers is hollow/white. It means you're LOOKING at the face of the plug where it goes into the female end of the device.

If the dot it BLACK/Solid it means you are looking at the BACK of the plug (where the wires go in.)

you basically cross reference the numbers with the wire colors above.


Anyway, I pulled my dashboard again to find out why I do the damned diagnostic and every mode "works" besides defrost. That and the Mode door motor took a shit and was stuck in whatever position it was last in and just kept making a clicking noise.

Also one of the output tubes was mounted incorrectly so my driver side window no longer gets air to it (or the door for that matter.)

this silly black thing behind the dash bar.


So pretty much after a weekend of bashing my head I have come to the conclusion that either my wiring is severely fucked up, I am dyslexic, and a masochist. Because clearly you have to hate yourself to pull your dashboard off.

OR

That my digital climate control unit is a dud and I am sane. I literally took the sub harness for the mode door motor apart on both ends and even used color matched wiring from the FSM so if someone else were to look at this it would make sense and they would see my wiring was correct.

Sigh.

So after putting everything back together... having air blow to my face puts the mode door motor into defrost. Having air blown to my feet has the mode door motor at foot b/l (bi-level), pressing defrost has air blown at my feet and face (full on)

So if the digital climate control isn't fucked up, I don't know what to tell you.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!