Little Bugger

I've been doing a lot of electrical work in my car lately, so I'm all about making sure all systems are 100 percent before I go driving off into the sunset. I turn my car on this morning, everything seems cool. I go to flip my fan on and bzzzttt... everything goes nuts, can't be a problem with the ground on the light. So I turned everything off and tried again.

Car dies again.

Try it again, car is running now, and just glitching, and rebooting all the way down the street. wtf gives.

Pull into the gas station, lift my hood and leave the fan on, wiggle all power cables to see if there are any shorts in the bay.

Nada.

Pop the trunk and sure enough the negative cable is moving around inside of it's clamp. So it's like I'm constantly hitting the battery with the ground cable while the car is running (that can fry a few things.)



So if you have a battery connector like this in my left hand. THROW IT AWAY. And get a little copper 3 dollar jam like this from Autozone (on the right).

And some Stance for thought.



I'm going to raise the front and throw on a 245/40/17 instead of the 235/40/17 I have on there now. The width difference should flush it out.

Still not sure what to do about the rear, going to raise that up a tad too on the passenger side. bottom collar on the coil overs aren't even so the height is fucked up on all fours. I have all stock arms on my rear subframe so I can't do camber adjustments. Also looks like the wheel is kind of toe'ing in.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!