Garage - S and some other ish.

I guess I'll get a few things out of the way before I jump full on into the half assed attempt at trying to work on my hood.
Embarrassed about a rookie move when originally painting the door handles.
I have been a busy bee picking up little parts for little projects here and there. I saw someone selling door handles the other day on zilvia, paid 20 bucks got some new door handles and I even got the clips that hold the rod in place (which I broke 4 years ago). I tried to go to the nissan dealership to buy those clips and they said I had to buy the whole fucking door handle assembly for 200. LOL GTFO!!!

The main reason I got the door handles is because I disassembled the plastic surround that you see all chipped up from the actual door handle assembly when having small parts of the car painted. It wasn't until I re-assembled the car that my brother facepalmed and was like "well dipshit, that was dumb." And so my door handles have looked like this forever.



So now I have a spare set I can have painted off of the car no biggie and then I can just throw em back on without any downtime.

Here we are again... lol the body filler on fiberglass still cracks me up. 

Going to end up getting a tap to clean these out, pretty rusted from sitting.

Finally bolted in M8x1.25 16mm bolts ended up fitting. Way bigger than what my other hood runs.

Hood has pretty good fitment, granted it's got more room to go down.
The body filler caked up on it spaces it out a bit. Eventually will sand it all off.

This side is perfect. 

measuring before I cut, last time I just kind of eyeballed it. Still came out pretty good.

shot out to driftworld.com lol

Looks about right to me, my girlfriend said lets get spraypaint and just put this hood on.
Spraypaint, oh she says the silliest things, that's why I love her. 

And well by the time I was all set up and ready to go to work with my dremel it turns out that my extension cord was missing. I think I may have thrown it away but I'm pretty sure someone nabbed it. The third power pin (ground) was broken off from the outlet plug and the case exploded last time I put it away. Oh well I am so forgetful of all the little things I try and do.

Ended up carrying it back upstairs to put next to my bed where it's been sitting since sometime last year when I bought this, in hopes I'd come across a masa motorsports hood. I still want one but I do like how this one looks as well.

If you're curious about what I would do if it rains. The only real side to worry about is the passenger side since my engine harness is almost under that. The vents are directly above the shock towers so any incoming water would fall on them and travel backwards. As far as the main vent goes it is sitting far enough in front of the engine that it's a non issue. The cas and tps may get slightly wet but I would be more concerned about the air filter before I would be the cas (cam angle sensor) or tps (throttle position sensor).

That's all I got done today. 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!