New Car Smell, I don't has it.

Some of you may have been paying attention through social media or what not about me picking up a new car. Let me just make it official with the walk around vid here.


(note : I moved the car and was able to get into it from the passenger side, the door doesn't open from the inside either... sigh.)

I guess I can take you guys back to last thursday the 31st when I sent a credit app to Universal City Nissan. I got a call about 45 minutes later telling me to swing on by after verifying a few things and lets chat. So I head over to the dealership, I tell them what I want a super base model 2013 sentra. Lowest of the low, they tell me what they have on the lot.

They have what I want, they have suped up sentra's they'd like me to look at. But in the end they wanted to make me happy and not shove anything down my throat so I got to pick. So I picked a car and they mentioned one that fit the bill but was midline trim level. The SV but they'll give it to me for the price of the base model (Car had 900 miles on it).

It's silver, the interior wasn't black/charcoal but screw it, this is just an A to B car I'm not trying to put bride pattern fabric down the doors or anything. As long as it drives, is AUTO/CVT (some people get butthurt about that) Has working heat and A/C. I can't really complain, I'm not really in the financial situation where I'm babe ruthing what I want to leave with.

I will not ever be modded, not even a spoiler? Will you at least give me a name like your other two cars? 

They're trying to work something out because it's the end of the month, I don't even had a dollar in my pocket trying to leave with a car. (I was just testing waters I had no plans to go get a car today.) So I'm just a ball of anxiety, and the worst that could happen is I don't leave with a car and I just need to spend the weekend wrenching on my 240.

Either way the day wont be lost, roughly 6 hours later of dealing with my sales guy Donavan, who was super cool btw. I sat down with Ernesto in finance and he seems like an all business guy, after a little he warmed up and was also very cool. Everyone really made me feel super comfortable about the transaction granted I have to give up some numbers for reference given my crappy credit history (bad youth decisions but no bankruptcies EVER).

Ernesto told me that he would try to get me the best deal that he could and he called me a few days later to let me know he saved me close to 7 grand on the finance contract and took a year off of what I agreed to and lowered my monthly payments a few bucks while including for a reasonable amt a warranty for 60k miles or for the life of the loan. roadside and rental, basically a triple a package extension of what was included with the car.

It made logical sense to pay a few bucks more for it. It wasn't like tv's in your seats type of shit you don't need.

And by 9pm I had a new car.

Lets go get some In-n-Out to make you official. 

I drove home and my girlfriend was estatic and so happy for me. I'm not the only one that stresses out when Simone is down or when I have to dump money into her so now that we have a spare car for my little family this makes things worlds easier.

My mod money and maintenance money outside of the radiator I just purchased for simone is going to be exhausted for 2013.

So LSX motor savings has been shelved, along with suspension upgrades, interior, pretty much any money I was going to dump into simone this year after February is dead in the water. I'm going to take the time to go over what needs to be repaired, and what needs to be looked at. And Simone will strictly be a leisure vehicle and no longer my street horse.

This is exciting to me because I never had any plans, and did not want to make any plans to part ways with Simone. I will own that car until it is destroyed or I am incapable of driving it any longer. She is a part of my family and I will finish my dream some day of making her perfect and spending weekends at the track doing what she initially was being built for.


And maybe, just maybe the next time I can afford to have my girl repainted, it will have time to cure, be properly protected, buffed out, and covered. Then on top of that not destroyed by the rough ass streets of southern california.

-Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!