What's cooler than being cool?

I'm probably not going to get everything installed today, I bought the spark plugs just in case, but to be honest I really don't need them. The plugs I have in the car are still fairly new and they don't really have any wear. But nissanparts.cc sells the bkr7e's hella cheap. Almost 30 dollars less than EVERYONE ELSE. 


After taking my cooling setup apart again, I finally got some oem goodness going on, got brackets to hold the radiator and show me that I installed my mid mount intercooler a tad bit forward or incorrectly installed my upper core support, either way, I could've installed it without having to cut the back of my headlights off. I rushed through it to make it to work, I won't rush shit again on this car now that I don't need it to run. 


Anyway this is why my water pump blew, the bearing went out and all the water pressure came out of the weeper holes which indicate it's time to replace your pump. 

Well if your car is also doing shit like this when you move it, is probably a pretty good indicator you need to replace something. 

s14 sr20det water pump next to s13 sr20det water pump. Minor differences, some people consider the s14 to be an upgrade because it flows better. After looking at the block when it's removed. I would probably agree now. 
Before I get into this whole shebang of installing the water pump, I need to install these studs, if you ever had to replace a water pump or had no common sense of how you would thread a double threaded stud. Here is the how to I suppose. (super street wrote an article about this very same thing years ago. see here)


 Loctite to me is like franks red hot, I PUT THAT SHIT ON ERTHANG! 


all siliconed up like the models at autocon, and installed. 
One of my favorite pieces of my car is the Cody Ace Quest Alternator bracket you see connected to my alternator, adjusting that thing is easy as shit although I hate the fact it uses a size 13 wrench like most odd things on my car (clamps). So weird, 10,12,14,17,19m literally is all you need to strip a honda down to the ground lol. Minus a 22m for the crank nut.

oem clutch fan is on this level right down here, this gktech.com clutch fan doe is on a hoe.nuva.leva!

Logo facing towards the front... I got confused which way to point this when installing lol. 
So I got the car all back together and figured I'd give it a test drive after re-filling the coolant, then this happened. There is a piece of wood as seen in the leaking water photo above that sits in the floor, it's water damaged and is now the shape of a banana... unfortunately it teetered up in front of my car and caused my diffuser to cash the fuck out. I raised my passenger side coil over a bit but it's still lower than the driver side. Going to just pre-load the spring instead of moving the shock body.

The collar on the bottom came loose on it's own and the coil over threaded itself all the way to the bottom of the seat so all collars were sitting on the cup... fucking lame! That caused all of the damage to the bumper and blew up my fender because it started to lower itself daily.


I said fuck it, temps looked good, decided to go cruise to autocon with Sam Ipman, he lives local to me and is a pretty cool cat, I've gotten so used to my daily driver that I felt like I was driving a go-kart in my 240, it's so fucking low. Man I miss it so much! However not enough to drive it in 3 hours of traffic a day! 


I now have the infamous bumper lip split thanks to the fucking wood at my apt complex and the stupid fucking coil over! 
I will eventually, and this is a big eventually buy a kw coilover setup since I like the fact they have nylon in the collars along with allen locks to keep the fucking things in place, and I can also add kw air cups to them so I can just lift the front of the car 3 inches at the press of a button. Unfortunately that would cost almost 6 grand, hence the EVEN-TU-ALLY part. So much more I want to get done to this thing!

Stupid Coil Over, I hate your face, ruining fenders and bumpers doing whatever the hell you wanna do! 




The diffuser was going to buy it on the way home, it was flippin and flapping all over the place and I would rather cut it out than to have it catch something and ruin the bumper any further. I eventually am going to have a bash bar made so I can quick release the front bumper from the car, and also have a legit ass diffuser setup braced into the chassis itself that will take the brunt of the streets and the fiber glass will no longer be affected by the streets or non direct impacts. Also no more blown up fucking fenders now that I have some that will fit over the wheels. 

Going to have those painted and read as well as the bumper again before Nisei this year, I will be in attendance, now if you'll excuse me. I'm going to go install my sweet ass dash mat now that it's not 100 fucking degree's outside. 

- Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!