An introduction to my build.

I've never really been into cars, I've always been into art, computers and technology, and video games. There is a video game that I played for play station 1 called Gran Turismo, it was like the coolest thing ever, especially after graduating fresh out of high school. I knew I wanted to build a car just like in the game, and then race it on tracks.

I ended up getting handed down my dad's 1984 honda crx hf with 365 thousand miles on the odometer, top speed of 80mph. Was the coolest car ever imo, it's been in the family since 1984, we still have video of when my dad painted the car himself from red to white, and paint matched his wheels and put gold trim on the car.

He was so proud of his car, well the car's life finally came to an end and was hauled off to the junkyard back in 1999. That is when I purchased my 1999 Honda Civic Si

After many modifications, a full engine rebuild after spinning a rod bearing my car looked like this.



INTERIOR
-JDM CTR Shift Knob
-JDM RS Gauge Cluster
-RSX Front Seats
-Fastline Performance Shifter
-BROADWAY Rear View Mirror
EXTERIOR
-Lots of Key Marks, and dirt.
-Front Plate Relocation Kit
-Front License Plate Frame from PepBoys
-BKNW Carbon Fiber Hood
-"JDM" Rear View Mirrors
-JDM Honda Access Window Visors
-JDM EK9 Headlights + citylights
-JDM EK9 Sidemarkers
-JDM EK9 Thin Side Mouldings
ENGINE&TRANSMISSION
-Full Rebuild from Alaniz Technologies
*3° Angle Valve job
*Full port and polish
*Bored Throttle body,
*Bored & Port Matched Stock Intake manifold
*JDM integra R p73-00 pistons .25 over
*New rings, bearings, seals, crank
*Block was Bored and Honed .25 over
-AEM Cold Air Intake
-MUGEN Thermostat
-MUGEN Thermoswitch
-MUGEN Radiator Cap
-MUGEN Twin loop axle back exhaust
-Exedy Racing Clutch
-SPOON SPORTS lightweight flywheel
-SPOON SPORTS magnetic transmission drain plug.
-Place Racing Driver Side Engine Mount
-Energy Suspension Motor Mount Insterts
-Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings
WHEELS & SUSPENSION
*wheels*
-JDM 16x7 5x114 JDM Integra Type R Wheels in White
-205/45/16 Yokohama ES100
-Rays Extended Dura-Nuts Anodized in Red
*suspension*
-Neuspeed Race Coil Overs
-SRR Lower Control Arms
-Integra Type R 22mm rear swaybar
-A Spec Racing subframe brace
-Energy Suspension Swaybar bushings

After dealing with theft and vandalism due to honda's ever rising popularity and always the fear of my car not being there when I got back to it, I just decided that I was going to get rid of the car.
With such a great idea back in 2005 and still needing a car to get to work I searched around on craigslist, auto trader, honda-tech's for sale forums and found this little crappy hatchback. Which turned out to be a very reliable form of transport I wish I still had! I tried at this time to sell my Si for a nissan 240sx but since they became increasingly popular at this time people were trying to sell stock hatch backs for like 7000 plus it was fucking ridiculous. So I just killed those dreams and got another honda... sigh, someday!
My 1993 Honda Civic Si
I dont really have a list of modifications for the car, but it had a nice radio, some gsr leather seats, omnipower coil overs and lca's new rear suspension bushings and a strong engine.
I was being harassed by the police of course for this car, mainly because it wasn't really registered when I had it (my fault) nor was it insured now that I think of it lol. I just didn't really care but I was always very paranoid where I took it so I decided that I wanted a change of scenery and wanted just a nice new car with power locks, windows, and all of that stuff. So I purchased a 2007 Honda Fit.
The fit was a great car, really didn't have any modifications for the car, wasn't much you could do to it. But drive it!
Well due to some ecomonical shifts in my life the car was reposessed more or less in a nutshell, Honda pretty much dicked me out of my car at the end of it all as I had the money to get it back but then there were other obsticals which I were unaware of like a suspended license, and insurance obstical and by the time I had that taken care of they sent my car off to auction even though I had an extension on the case. They're still trying to get 9000 dollars from me for that car, they can ruin my credit and take me to court for all I care. I will have that written off, please believe that.
Fuck you Honda!
So basically I took this as an opportunity to get the car I've always wanted to own since 2003. My buddy Wilfredo got me into these option 2 videos, skyline gtr's and all types of cool Nissans, and my friend Jack had a Nissan sentra but pretty much was your Nissan guru at the time and he turned me onto 240sx's. I saw drifting for the first time back then and while it was cool, I was more interested in the time attack videos with the decked out skylines by mine's and top secret, or ab flug cars, jun etc. And driving the fit really just made me sad inside!
My most exciting moment was gating the paddle shifters lol, downshifting into turns... that's it. Some dude tried to race me in his fit, I rolled down my window at the next light and was like "dude are you fucking serious?"
Man, so it's time to step my game up and do what I've always wanted to do, build a 240sx.
I started trolling craigslist for nissan 240sx in my area, eventually I came across the car I ended up purchasing my 1996 Nissan 240sx... back in March of 2008 with the help of a friend aka my street accountant....
And pretty much without him this car or blog most likely would not exist, so I really owe the existence of this project to him....

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!