I think the tedius process of wiring

has been a justification of such to just procrastinate in finishing my car. The stigma behind build threads is some people get into the habit of taking on too many projects. Mainly because they don't want the car to start until everything is perfect.

Knowing damn well the first time you put the key in the ignition and fire it up bam it's going to work just fine, but you need to tub your fenders first, you need to replace your weather stripping first, you need to even out all of your coil's first, then you need new suspension bushings first, etc, etc.

So I kicked myself in the ass and went into my garage to go work on this godamn thing. It's not like i'm just fixing the body harness because of the fuse tuck. Let me break it down!

- fusebox relocation, redesign, testing.
- lengthening wires, soldering, heat shrinking exposed wires.
- installing items for digital climate control, one of which is an ambient temp sensor that runs through the body harness.
- wire up the AC with the SR ECU.
- re-wire the ford taurus fan to work on my car, whilst figuring out the relay that came with it.
- take the rear seats out to remove the rest of the air bag unit.

I mean it's a lot of shit to take in, anyway... pictures.



oh yeah, drill out that fucking screw I snapped the other day, we(my brother bert.) even took a shot at the broken valve cover stud that needed to be drilled out.



and it was fail, so back to the temp solution to hold my coil pack in.



while that was all done I continued to separate and tape up the hanging mess of wires down below.



Since the turn signal wires both junctioned at the fuse box in a relay before, I had deiced to junction those wires in the bay and just run a single wire into the relay that will work the turn signals. It's more efficient I think than running two wires all the way to the relay to join into one. We'll find out how that works out lol, I've done this before with headlights and daytime running lights, this should be no different *crosses fingers*




And I just taped up and joined each and every other wire that I plan on sleeving together, I have to lengthen the wires for the fan plug to reach the relay panel which I'll do today and also figure out how to wire up this electric fan.



to be continued....


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!