Sunday's sad attempt of doing work.

I opened my garage, broke down my brothers cherry picker and put it against a wall, cleaned more random junk around the garage.

Swept all of the dirt and dust from under my car, jacked up the front and notched the jacks 2 clicks higher, and repeated the same in the rear...

Since I'm mainly focused on team effort finances right now to move into a new place, I wrote out a grocery list of stuff that I need to get for the car all prioritized from top to bottom. And there are items not really necessary but I want them for aesthetics reasons, such as my Volk Racing Formula GT lug nuts, and an HKS radiator cap.

Yes stuuuuuuuuuuuupid I know.

Don't hate. <--- I hate when people say that, thus I am a hypocrite.
oh pictures!



I'm working on cutting off that piece of heat shrink from the factory to remove those two wires from the source... but then I was like... well how am I going to get another one over here since I started sleeving already.

doh.



yay no more side markers, picked up some kitty litter to throw under the car to pick up all of the oil and power steering fluid I had pooling up under there. Main reason I haven't gone under the car to torque down the mount bolts.



Just chillin in a fold out chair going through and drawing/writing down the pin outs, and sleeving each one in the process up to a junction, I think I'm going to stop before I get to the headlight wiring.



So while I was de-pinning these 12 year old plugs, I found this weird piece of skin stuck in one of the harness pins.



oh because that shit belongs to my fucking finger...



OOOOOUUUUUUCCCHHHHH!!!!



I see your skin graft and raise you a band aid and clean hands!



OK so I got that shit sleeved, the reason you see yellow tape on top of the sleeving is to hold it tight so it doesn't fray or move, I cant heat shrink the ends until my new shipment of heat-shrink arrives. I tried stopping at vato zone right quick to see what was up on the heat shrink to accomplish this tonight, but all they had was captain America red, and nightcrawler blue.



So I passed on the superhero colors and said fuck it. I'll wait, gotta leave the stuff de-pinned anyway to slide more sleeving over it all the way till I get to the wheel well. Here is the creative process behind harness plug identification, I'll make sure to post a pin out sheet when I'm all said and done.



After taking the harness plug off, I wrap it in yellow tape and write down a sequence number on it, which corresponds to the list I am drawing the pin outs on. This will help me identify them later so I can plug them back up without confusion.



all done with that, now going to throw some 3/8th sleeving over these 4 connections. Lets get in closer to give you an idea of what's going on.



You can see a loop of wires in there, which belongs to the fan plug, this needs to be running the opposite direction from the wires pointing left because the fan plug meets it over the shroud.



You want to make sure you don't kink or crease any wiring in this process, so I'm adding a nice bend and I'll sleeve right over this, if you unravel one of these things yourself. You will see Nissan themselves are notorious for kinking the wires.

that's a no no.



and now it's midnight, and my neighbors are probably severely annoyed now.

Time to clean up, hit the showers, and call it a night.

peace.



Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!