If you've ever worked on electrical before.

Then you would have this face too.



In the process of wiring up my fuse box I took the time to penetrate all of my contacts with the soldering iron and get a little solder up on the wire to hold it in place. Then I have an odd fuse 15 amp with no wire going to it, check my reference sheet and it says a solid red wire about 16ga should be attached there. But I see no solid red wire!

Fuck me, I remembered when I was pulling the wires through the fender well boot that there was a host of red wires that went to absolutely nothing, like at least 3-4 wires off of one lead. At first I decided to cut the extra wires out of the equation, then I just de-pinned it and threw the wire in my spare wire box in case I needed it again.

Luckily for me I found it, as it's the wire that runs to the headlight fuse and relay.

DOH!



But then I had another problem, the FSM states that the pin should be in the 8 socket, and there was a red/white wire in the 8 socket.

So I double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked that every other wire was where it was supposed to be, and was trying to figure out why in the hell the red/white wire was where it wasn't supposed to be?




Here is our 39 15 amp fuse, and here is where the wire branches off.



one wire to this guy. slot number 8 on plug E105




Strangely enough 11, and 12 are not listed as to what goes into those slots on the above chart.



slot number 8 has a red/white wire in it. or R/W as indicated in the FSM.



You can clearly see that R/W wire should be in slot number 5 according to the FSM so how it got here is beneath me, or is it above me.... Or is it beside me? ah who knows.

So easy fix.



de-pin the number 8 slot, insert our red wire (R). and slide the (R/W) red/white wire into slot number 5, which is directly above or parallel to 8. However you want to call it.

The ups man showed up as I was working on the fuse box.



yay!



and now for pictures that don't make much sense.





I had to extend the turn signal wiring to the passenger side of the dash, and I'm going to add in the extensions for the rest of the wiring today.

As I was undoing the screws that hold the smj in place, I dropped one in the body of the car which is pretty much virtually un-reachable without removing the dash bar. I fucking swear if that goddamned thing rattles when I drive I am going to be soooo pissed. I am going to attempt to get it out today, which means removing the dash bar yet again.




UGH!






Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!