That MF'in Relay!!!

Alright so I left off on the previous entry about how I didn't get the clutch interlock relay wired up. And how I was missing a green/white wire and a black/red wire.


So I traced where the hell those two missing wires originated from.

The two plugs with writing next to them is where I should trace my wires back from.


(This is E102, and there is my green/white wire)


I previously had this wire going into my headlight relay it seems.
Whoops!!! Or is this the *A/C relay, I cant recall. I'm thinking A/C
(*air conditioning)


Now the black/red wire threw me for a loop. I noticed in my build thread, zilvia member "onepuff" mentioned to me that my headlight plug had some wires listed as in the right position, where as the 97 fsm had them listed in the opposite. So it occurred to me right then, that the relays were probably wired up differently in the 95.

These didn't go back to the fusebox at all, black/red branched off from itself into another plug just around the corner. Damnit.


And in the fuse box pieces I kept the black/red wire was a joint power source running off the 45amp fuse. So it had it's own black/red, hrmn...


But I figured maybe the relay isn't in the right place, but it said the wire runs to E4, which is in the fuse box.


So I went upstairs and printed out the 1995 starting system and compared it to the 1997 starting system.


you can clearly see, black red doesn't touch that (E4) relay on the 1995 chart on the right. Which brings me to the black/yellow wire I had laying on the floor that branched into two pieces.

I remember now, it plugs into the relay twice. So make sure when doing electrical work on your car that you pay attention to the year make of your car listed on your door sticker.

And not your registration!


Since I already had a plug end on the black and yellow wire I decided to splice the joint wire into the already present black/yellow going into our interlock relay (E4)



And I was going to lean over and hold the solder wire with my mouth and push it onto the wire as I heated it up, needless to say the solder fell out of my mouth and for some reason I naturally decided to grab for it... with my right hand since my left was holding the wires up and together.


And you guessed it, that soldering iron dropped like a bomb straight into my forearm. I heard a quick sizzle and yelled ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch. And gave the soldering iron respect and a kung fu grip for the rest of this venture lol.


As you can see, it's not a herpes sore, it's soldering wire in my mouth. Or maybe it is herpes o_O


I need a new tip like asap, I refuse to do the digital climate control wiring with it in this state.


This looks like shit too, but it penetrated so fuck it.


now it's turning red, and I'm off to do some shopping.

grocery list.
-motor oil
-power steering fluid
-get the power steering hose off of the s13
-get new fuel hose
-metal zip ties
-regular zip ties
-some m8 1x1.25 or however bolts
-some m8 washers
-two 2inch t-bolt clamps
-two 3inch t-bolt clamps
-new soldering iron tips

Back a few hours later, got everything I needed. Then Gym, then fresh n' easy, then dinner, then Madden, then back to the garage.


hours later, now it looks like a bot fly scab.

Stopped at my parents to get that power steering hose off of the s13, of course the bolt stripped on the hardline, why wouldn't it. So fuck it I'll just buy an MA-Motorsports power steering line when I get paid next week.

So I cut the intercooler bracket to slide the intercooler over about an inch and a half since there was some previous gap issues. But since it's 12am I cant really push the car out to get better pictures.


I dunno looks better to me, doesn't matter I'm painting the thing black anyway.


Engine is coming together at least.


(you're doing it wrong.)

I was having some issues with the fuel line setup, I had a third hose, you're only supposed to have two. This is why I bought a new hose, which I also cut, which I also didn't need because it goes to the evap box. Which I don't need, so I unhooked everything as you see it here and the hose in the back with the stuff around it, goes to the fpr.


So thanks to zilvia member "nrg" yet again for the help. It's right!


I need to remove this line, and the hardline all the way to the back and remove the evap box.

I'll document that when I do it.


tripple pressure canister clearance after shuffling the intercooler placement. Now I just need to find the bolt that is supposed to hold it into place. I also will need to have custom hose made for it to go around the piping.


Also if anyone disagree's as I do need to consult the manual. This is my alternator/starter wire setup. I still need to make grounds! The wire heading to the rear goes into the cabin to my distribution block to the battery. From there branches out to the fusebox via 60 and 80 amp fuses replacing the 45 and 75 amp oem fuses.

welp, as you guessed it. Off to the gym!

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!