4-7-2009

Well today I am going to tear the harness apart. Yes, say it isn't so...

All of that money I spent on sleeving.

Down the drain.

The bright side however is, I can re-do every mistake or part of that harness I did not like now. So I'm a bit happy with that, granted it's still at this point going to be a waste of money.

I've been riddled with problems.

ranging from.

1. alternator not charging battery.
2. battery dying because the car runs off of it when on.
3. fuel pump primes now at the start position instead of on.
4. now fuel pump doesn't prime because of battery.
5. now the fuel pump primes after trying to start the car, and when starting it fails. So it's cranking and not catching again, same problem we had the other day.
6. no temp sensor wire going to gauge cluster.

notice 3 pins?


here is the male connector...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

No wonder why Luke thought the thermostat needed to be replaced, the other one was modified to stay "open"

I need to swap the s14 temp sensor onto the motor and I'm going to add a wire in this area so the temp shows up on my gauge cluster.

That about sums it up. So I'm going to run through the whole harness checking pin outs, and then I'm going to make a continuity checklist to determine where the fuck the problem in the wiring lies. Honestly if I had the cash, I would just re-do this whole harness from scratch.

That's how I feel right now about this project. The harness itself was pretty fucking hack job when I bought the motor, but it's guaranteed hackjob now. I'll also figure out how I'm going to wire up the power steering idling bump, while knocking out the air conditioner wiring.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!