Alright I think some clarity is needed.



Alright so in the video above I have my hands on some wires.

I express my dis-interest in working on my car in the wee hours of the morning, this is why.


In the previous blog entry I stated that. There was a yellow wire that did not need to be tapped for a temp signal because there is already a wire running to the climate control plug that is solid yellow and it reads temperature.


I even tested it.

What I failed to put together because I was not running on caffeine and instead adrenaline was that I tapped the yellow wire for the intake motor door which is sitting right next to the solid yellow wire I was testing with my multimeter.

So a great tip would be to put some painters tape on the wire you're testing so you don't get caught up in the thought of doing something great, only to undo your work to fix two mistakes.

So finally I can put an end to the digital climate control wiring, my future nightmare will be putting a radio back in the car. There was 3 different set's of crimp connectors and spade connectors for audio harness'

(the car obviously had 2 different brands of aftermarket radio.)

So I cut all of that shit out, heat shrinked the ends of the wires for another day when I decide I need "ICE" in my life. I just want to hear the car, no radio, no problems.

Also un-loomed and de-pinned all of the wires not used for the digital climate control, which all makes sense to me why they were left over now. The digital climate control uses the fan amp to modulate the flow of the motor, kind of like a light dimmer as opposed to a light switch. So the other wires served a purpose when the switch was in 1, 2, 3, 4 fan speed positions.

I know, you're lost.

So let me bring you back with 84 bucks of bolts, nuts, retainers, and front bumper mounting brackets. Sorry West Covina Nissan, I'm cheating on you. Thanks again for the parts Josh. A nut was missing from one of the bags for some odd reason but I think I may have one like it laying around.

plug sub-harness re-sleeved


February picture for comparison. Much cleaner imo.


And I used a larger sized wrap for the engine harness I had, it matches the color of the other wires as opposed to the light grey that was there before and due to the lack of bulk the harness has now that a lot of unnecessary shit has been removed it's also a bit easier to work with now getting in and out of the car.

You can see an orange towel on the floor, I removed the freon hose, and had to remove my damned heater box hose to lower this thing. Ended up spilling a shitload of freon on the floor and I got light headed and called it a night, left the garage open and had the fan blow the smell out.

Seriously that stuff is poisonous. I'd rather sniff ammonia than freon.

So I'm going to do some reading on putting in a switch for my fan relay instead of the good ol, ground it and always have it on for no reason method. Knock that out tomorrow and put my dashboard back in.

And if I have time I'll work on doing the turbo timer junk.

Till next time.


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!