FML

(This entry is for 3-31-2009) I haven't had much time to update my blog between the gym, and being in the garage all day. So I apologize for that one.

Seriously...

F M L, if you don't understand what that means by now. Get with the internet, it's moving pretty fast these days and you obviously need to catch up with it.

Got a lot done today, because I didn't have shit else to do, as always.

I went to put the heater box in this morning, forgot to unplug the negative battery terminal, as soon as I tried to force the heater box into play...

pspssszzzzt...

I'm like "did that just happen?"


so I purposely grab the wire and touch it against the dash bar to check and sure enough "POP" and I blew that particular fuse. HAR HAR! (this happened way before i took these pics.)



poor fuse =(


my bad...


a big fuck you to the heater box.



Most electrical probl;;;... I think when I started writing this entry 2 days ago I fell asleep at the keyboard and typed a paragraph of gibberish, almost like I stood up and just started slapping the keyboard with my penis or something.

Nevertheless, I'll finish up this log.


Simone Build Video Blog 3-31-2009 from wayne edwards on Vimeo.


So I got the hoses onto the box, painless operation since this already came out of a USDM 240sx.


I have the relays all taped together and they're being held to the back of my lexan board with zip ties, as all of the fuse panels and the power distribution block. I'll probably put the headlight wiring and relay in it's on place down the line.

I think I have two open spots on the SMJ fuse panel I can put headlight fuses.

But I'll play with that idea another day. (BRB, gotta eat.)


There was some question about some black wire running to my starter? But there are only two things that go to the starter. + battery cable which branches to the alternator.

And that little U clip on the inside which is the ground wire, the starter grounds to the engine.

Oh, and that little tab is for the black yellow starter wire.


The ground wire for the alternator has still not been made. I'm trying to think of a way to mount it to the frame rail instead of the wheel hump.


But regardless It's cranking now that I've sorted out a few things, now I just need to find my igniter chip in all of this rubble.


It cranks but it wont start, I call up Phi aka "nrg" to come and take a look over my wiring to make sure everything is all right. I instantly assume that I am not getting proper spark because it should've fired right up.

But with all of the de-pinning and re-pinning I can see how easy it is to switch two wires around to the wrong place on accident. A lot of the wires before I de-pinned them I double checked their configuration and even marked them with tape.


But I guess what I failed to catch was this since I made these separately.

There is only 5 pins here on the female end of the plug. (this is coming from the upper engine harness to the coil pack sub harness) The coil pack male plug has 6 pins?

After further inspection it turns out it was an inspection port wire and was completely unecessary so I removed it. But the main blue/red wire from the female plug was going right into the power for the number 1 coil. Which on the plug end was backwards as well.

Doh.

Luckily it didn't turn on at all, engine fires aren't fun.


after re-pinning the sub harness I had Phi check them for spark as I cranked the car, firing order is also spot on.

Something is not right and we're not sure what...

So we called it a night, it was about 11:30pm.

I went back out to the garage to grab my fsm and double check my wiring and compare it to the sr20 fsm as well to double check that wiring.



As I was walking inside to turn off the light switch this guy was by my hand.

I almost shit my pants.

look how big it is compared to the light switch.

*shudders.*


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!