hahaha

So I plugged up the DCC last night, few wires loose and nothing, no lights, me = sad Wayne, it was about 6am, I for some reason couldn't sleep after my junkyard come up, something said. "Wayne, put your dashboard in."

and I was like, ok dude.

(but I figured out why it didn't work, I didn't have the ignition power wire plugged in haha.) Multimeter>doing it the hard way.

I was a little bummed because I didn't have the mounting shield or the pig tail for the fan control amp, my buddy Phi (nrg) decided he was going to the junkyard and picked me up, I scrounged up 2 bones and brought my fan resistor amp with me to test fit it in other nissan altima's I might of found.

Luckily I found one, and reached my hand up behind the glovebox and felt what seemed to be a pot of gold. Being I only had two dollars to my name, I guess I did what everyone else that goes to the junkyard does.

Pocket little shit.

So I put the screws and crap in my shirt and put the mounting shield on the part that they marked when I came in, and walked up to the dude at the front, he inspected my part and said i'm good to go and I walked out.

I dunno if it was stealing, or they didn't care, either way I felt bad about it. But hey, I can say that I was so excited I made a template of the heat shield shape and not the part that was supposed to slide into the condenser box.

So I caught that and only one screw goes to the body of the box, the other screw is on a part I cut out and so far. It has not required any modification to hold the thing in place.






while other people are doing 3 piston burnouts with their KA24DE at the parking lot of their job hyping up their car art threads. I'm in the pit, doing work.


I noticed after running a wire for my temp sensor I still was not getting a reading, well because I put it in slot 29 and not 28. doh! That's been fixed since this is a required step for the dcc (why I dunno.)


The blue white wire needed to be tapped, the yellow one is the temp sensor wire going to your cars thermoswitch (reads the temp on your gauge cluster.) this doesn't need to be tapped if you de-pinned the solid yellow at the harness plug and re-pinned it to the jdm connector.

I should've used the multimeter before following those instructions, I expect nothing but shit from GSXRJordan "Mr. I've been doing it for years, manuals are so lame." haha, this is revenge for me cursing his push button start.


but nonetheless, I have about 4-5 more wires to go.

cant wait to put the inside of the car back together, let me tell you.

Next up is a 20amp fused toggle switch to ground my fan relay so it tricks the fan to being on rather than always on, and as opposed to being directly wired up to perform this function. Since it's going through a relay I don't need a huge fuse to take the jolt, and besides it's a ground.

And the oem brackets and bolts are on the way from WoolyS14 so I can put the aero on and it can start looking like a car again.

but don't fret kids, this is far from over.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!