The last entry was pretty depressing

It's time for some good news. Right?


Video Blog 4-3-2009 from wayne edwards on Vimeo.

In the previous entry I had mentioned in the video that I had blown the ECU and the car pretty much wont start now. Well I re-did the wiring for the car last night.




In the video I highlighted the path on the ecu that fried. you can see by the circular diode the circuit snapped or burned up. No longer connecting the power path for this circuit.



So I took the ECU apart and tried to salvage it.

I made sure this wire is not touching anything surrounding it.

It's very important if you attempt this that you triple check your work.

You don't have to put electric tape on it when finished because the cover on this side of the ecu has a hump. So the wire wont be penetrated by any of the other leads from the pressure of putting the cover back on. (just to clear your paranoia.)


Tests out OKAY.


finished product...


Spent the last 7 hours making this mess. I have now completed the inner wiring of the car making a lot of stuff shorter. Falling asleep soldering is bad, so I didn't tackle any of the long wire you still see.


December harness.


April harness

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!