Cats and Aero : The test drive pt3

Dude I want to lower my car in the front more… But you will see in the video below, and in the following pictures, that all motivation to do that has been deaded.


This is to get the car up enough just to use the emergency jack.


The front sway is my first point of lifting just to raise it up enough to slide my jack under the aero (I really need a fucking low max jack man.)

well 30 minutes later I get the jack under there, I get the first stand under the driver side since the jack only reaches front brace, then I move the jack to the passenger side of the car jack that side up so it’s sitting equal, then I get to the back of the car and same shit, gotta lift it enough to get the jack under it to the diff then lift, lift, finally up.

I was waiting for the ups man to show up with my cat so I took the opportunity to do a bunch of other shit while waiting for that.

One is the bar that runs under the middle tail light, the vertex rear bumper doesn’t line up with any of the 6 holes on it. Much less the vertex bumper only has 4 holes to mount the rear bumper.



So I drew holes with a sharpie where the vertex bumper meets up, grabbed my dremel and went to work. Sanded down with the orbital sander.

mucho better. Luis Gonzales is going to hook it up with the two brackets I need for the sides of my rear bumper, but in the mean time I screwed in and ziptied what I could.

I went inside to surf the net and I hear a HONK HONK!!! my nigga, it’s the ups man.

He starts laughing and was like “I know you were waiting on me homie, now you can get back to work huh?”

haha “yup.”

so I open the box, and laughed a bit.

LOL love the shredded paper to protect the steel part.

I then realized that I have no bolts to put this thing in, so off to vato zone for some M8 grade 40mm studs.

bam.

undercarriage shot. I really want to tackle that gas vent line while it’s up here, but I really don’t….

Also you see on the floor the bracket for the down pipe mount that I forgot to order the tranny connecting piece, so it’s pretty much useless at this point. DOH!

A quick behind the aero look for you guys.


This is how everything lines up with the vertex fenders and front end, you notice I zip tied where it meets the fender, shit is still solid. And will preserve the life of the fender if I get into a collision. (hopefully.)


Front under tray with nissan tabs holding on the rad support (factory design)


Passenger fender side, you see where my headlight portion of the core support is broken so the fender doesn’t mount properly on this side causing the headlight, corner light, and front bumper not to line up properly.


My skid plate for my harness.


Some fluid (fresh) was on the bottom of my ac brackets, rubbed it with my fingers, felt slightly thicker than my engine oil, may be power steering fluid. There is nowhere for an oil source to drip here, but the power steering line sits right above this.

Now that the rear bumper is mounted and zip tied, and the cat is on, time to do the shitty part of getting the car in the air. Getting it out of the air.
Notice the extra wood block on the driver side this will let the car down at an angle so I can slip the jack out without using the hazard jack.


Then at the side of the car, hazard jack, jack. DO WORK.


a reminder is always good when you have to do this more than once.


alright the jack is out. I tried this once without the hazard jack and heard CRA-CRUNCH… and died a little inside.

So yeah. Test Drive


and this is the source of my boost leak, I’m going to buy a c clamp and see if I can close up that leak. The only way I can fix this problem is having the stud rusted into the turbo housing drilled out which will make the hole bigger.

Now it’s smog, figuring out how to mount my license plates, and roof swap, core support swap, paint.

yee, yee.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!