Q: Whats worse than a gallon of bondo?

A: Two gallons of bondo on my roof.

I've always got a lot of people who ask me dumb shit like.
"Why don't you just cut that metal out and put the sunroof back in?"
BECAUSE I DON'T WANT A FUCKING SUNROOF, SON.... DAMN...
But I damn sure don't want what I have now. When I bought the car the roof looked a little wavy, I thought nothing of it. Then I got in the car to test drive it.

Yes, I was scared for my life, there is a sharp piece of metal right over my head, if this car was in an accident and I ever flew up out of my seat, BAM. I would end up with a nasty gash, gangrene, aids, cracked skull, amongst other things.

After I washed the car for the first time, I guess some water got down in this little bugger right here.

And then it sat out in the sun at the metro station while I was at work. And I came back to this.

It's since become quite the eyesore.

So I tried to cut the bondo down on this car and my caveman efforts were mad fail. I purchased about 8 months ago a brand new roof skin from Nissan for this car and the skeleton for the roof of the car. I simply was going to pop this off and pop the other one on.

I'm currently prepping the car for paint, but in the meantime since I don't really have anything I can do to my car I decided to sand down all of the bondo to see why they used so godamned much.

And wow, just wow.

I first took off my roof wing, which was a bitch to get off by the way.

It's weird being able to see this part of my car.

well anyway lets piss off the neighbors.

It's really hard to see but the panel was not only warped, but it was almost like melted cheese on a hamburger patty warped.

Like a godamned toad.

getting ewe-er

my brother said that was a bad idea... hah

Then I figured that was pointless, so I decided to pull my plugs and clean them. The car was running rich because the maf wasn't plugging up all of the way, so I've since fixed that and now it just isn't sparking as much as I think it should, random misfiring at idle.

lol these things were so black when I put them down on a napkin the carbon flaked off onto it like like pepper from a shaker.

Took some paint thinner and a wire brush and cleaned them off.

All done, took it around the block and ripped it up... It breaks up around 3500RPM to 4000RPM (backfire) and then after that it flies, so I'll chalk that up as a boost leak.

At the end of the day, if you think your car is best in someone else's hands for fabrication work to do something you're afraid you're not capable of, chances are. They don't know what the fuck they're doing themselves.

So pay a professional, or have it done twice...

Or the first time in my case since I chose this car.

-W.E.-

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!