READY TO ROCK!

There really isn't much of an update besides it's all back together, everything has been tq'ed down to spec and red loctite was applied all around this time generously. Threw some teflon tape around my transmission plug and it got rid of the k9 period drip of the tranny fluid.

ran the car in all five gears on the jackstands, i'm going to safely assume an sr20 can pump out 160mph cause in fifth gear that shit flew down to the odo past 120 lol. (wheels were not on in the rear, going to keep it up on stands while I prep it for paint.

Anyway instead of pulling the engine because I was way too lazy to put my cherry picker back together.

Image

I used the spare tire jack instead against the head of my radiator and against the block, not enough pressure to fuck up the radiator but enough to tilt the engine back about 10-20 degree's which made it worlds easier to get that fucking input shaft in the clutch disc. I had to do some MMA shit to get the transmission on.

First I had to lift it, put it on my right arm, then lift it, rest it on my chest, slide under it, once the input shaft was past the pressure plate fins I lifted up the tranny and spun it 90 degree's so it's completely upside down, spilling the remaining fluid down my underpants.

slide it in a bit more, hold it in the air hoping it doesn't fall on my face so I can slide my right leg under it and get my whole body under it. Once I got to that point I humped the tranny until it was all the way in. (lulz)

while holding it in the air still, I grabbed my jack with the free right leg, slid it under the car and kicked it to this point.

Image

while threading some bolts in. boom, done, handled.

ups man shows up as I'm finishing up with the juice.

Image

and I called it a day, it was hot. Wednesday I head on out to the garage, fill it up, put my shifter and shit back in, button up the downpipe, put in the drive shaft, make sure everything is everything, installed my heat shield for my BMC and MAF and other wiring in that area.

Once we were all gravy train, I ran the car for a bit and tested the clutch and everything out.

No more boost leaks
No more chattering
Just awesome waiting to terrorize the road.

yes.

Now to tackle paint, core support, roof, and chronic masturbation.

w.e.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!