Thursday : throwing stones in a glasshouse

Word is bond... bong... out here in the front chillin, flippy floppies, under armor shirt, n/e fitted, taking the fucking interior out of the car again. sigh.

I am determined to take all of the rear glass out today, that is my fucking mission, if I break the rear windshield, fuck it I got another.... Tripple C's, get monay... baaaawwwwwssssssss. trilllllaaaaaaaaaa.

anyway.

Image

My mother didn't have anything better to do today (retired) so I made her bring me a box of sandwich bags with labels on them so I can start putting away my parts and keep them fresh.

mad thirsty out here.

Image

shits supposed to be pomegranate, orange, peach, green tea. But the shit just tastes like cucumber juice watered down. ugh, not satisfying at all.



after ripping out the rear interior and bagging misc items I decided to try tackling removing the rear mirrors on the side. From the inside of the car it didn't look so hard, so I started here and little by little (I DID NOT PRY)

Image

I let the heat gun do the work while the screwdriver was just there to lift the mirror from the silicone on the body. About 15 minutes later.

Image

bam.

Image

I didn't break it, and didn't dent the pillars, holla.

Image

I got my sars mask and glasses on now, sanding down the end of the pillars to expose the spot welds I will need to drill out to remove this roof panel and also to determine where I will cut into the pillar to remove the roof skin.

Image

fuck this is taking forever.

Image

almost there, now you can see all of the spot welds I will need to drill out...

Image

well what do you know, under the paint, primer, yada yada there is a gold line that pretty much lets you know where to cut. I wish I knew how they did that, so neat. Metal dye maybe? I dunno but that's the mid day build update, going to eat me some lunch, drink this cucumber water, and head back out to rip off the rear window.

peace.

w.e.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!