How many Edwards does it take to install a roof?

Answer is : 3 Edwards

For this entry since it is picture intensive, I'm just going to throw thumbnails with links to the larger images where I feel necessary (redundant imagery.)



On the left is what the surface of the bottom panel looks like when cutting out the spot welds. On the right is what the weld looks like after grinding it down so the surface is clean and flat to weld the new panel onto.



Here the rear connecting piece of metal for our c pillars got jacked up pretty good when removing the remaining metal from the old roof panel so I tried to re-shape it as much as I could.





Here I am grinding out the left side of the rain gutter area, and showing the fruits of my labor...



My brother stopped by to drop off the welder so it's here at our convenience to use when he comes back later to work on the roof and also do the core support.



here is the rear panel after removing the remaining metal from the roof edges where the braze was holding it on.



I then ground down the underlying surface so when we weld later the penetrating rod will get a good matting surface. And then I test fit the roof skin to see if I need to make any adjustments to my cuts. Perfect



I start to drill pilot holes in the cross bar support.



a quick look at whats to come.



Bert and Dominic, my siblings.



my brother takes this shaping hammer and refines that fucked up bridge of metal on the c pillars a bit more.



We then decide to begin welding and prop our b pillar brace and Dominic makes the first spot weld of the night.





lol they wont be winning any awards with these welds, but it's an electric mig welder, wtf did you expect the welds to look like. The important thing is they penetrate and don't come loose.







I thought this picture was funny, as this is the type of tool box I would expect my brother to have. Hammers and Blunts



many blunts and spot welds later.



the professors inspect their work.



goofy looking bastard



"we done maffaka, it's midnight get me home to my baby momma before you get strike 2 from her."



end game, tomorrow we're back on the grind to get this car finished.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!