our work is never over.

a shot of the interior, it's not rust but the glue from the headliner that was in this car at some point with a bunch of dirt on it.


finally got the pieces I wanted from the other core support. I drilled from the opposite sides which was a lot tricker but thankfully was a lot easier since the core support was not on a car.


car is looking real naked right now, taking this opportunity to clean up any surface rust where i will be welding and also de-greasing the bay.


Shaved off the stud's that retained the air box intake and whatever else on the passenger side. Left the radiator joint's even though I want to shave them too. May just shave them tomorrow.


So what I'm doing here is clamping the pieces to the body, and using my brothers shaping hammers to flatten the metal where it may have been bent from prying it apart from it's spot welds.


it's going to look real funny because I didn't paint my engine bay and don't plan on it yet. But i'm going to have a paint matched core support LULZ


tomorrow if my brother shows up, we're going to plug the antenna hole using some left over metal from the old roof edges, weld in the core support, and start shaping some metal to fix my rear wheel tubs.

stay tuned.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!