It's still not painted.

So when I did my digital climate control swap, everything works but the godamned blower motor. I assumed the amp may have gone bad because I did all of the electrical testing from the euro FSM and everything checks out. Luckily while searching for similar issues I found a thread on nico club on how to repair the fan amp.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/433421-how-to-fix-your-fan-control-amplifier

So I printed out the instructions after ordering the necessary parts and recommended accessories to help remove the old solder and had at it.




So basically you de-solder the upper half of the circuit board and below you will have these two fellas, this diode and this big 3 prong chip.


Basically if one goes bad the fan will just blow at full speed as soon as acc power is switched on. If the other goes bad the fan doesn't blow at all.

Looks like thermal grease is on the black chip thing, would make sense why there is a huge heat sink on the other side right??? So luckily I had some of this laying around.


better safe than sorry.


all back together... I tested it at my brothers house today and the fan now blows on each speed of my DCC, so the DCC swap is a success, last step is getting the A/C situated. But I have to have lines fabricated to get over that final hump. Being the winter is coming up, I am not too worried about the AC.


Yesterday 10/5 I worked on my brothers corolla, I put all of his heater core shit back in, only to have him decide he doesn't want it in the car anymore because the heater core hoses break all the time apparently. So I am in the process of removing the dash...

Here is one of the center caps in the sun.




popped them in the wheels.


My brother said it looks like shit haha.


Then he opened his wallet and was like "unleeeeeess... BAM"


haha dickhead.


I told him he didn't need to paint the underside of the trunk since it was already black. He did anyway.


and a stockpile of parts he's already painted.




you can see near the intercooler opening just how deep the gray is.


that's all for now, he needs to finish up the filler work on the driver side rear fender and see if he can get the trailer sometime this week to take the car down to the shop.

Otherwise I can post updates on what I'm doing to his corolla in the meantime...

(fyi : None of the items painted I have shown you besides the center caps have clear coat on them, and nothing has been color sanded yet.)

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!