240RS09 Maxi Redline Time Attack

We ended up coming in 2nd behind Jeff from CIP. The car was absolutely the best it has ever been. We did one session with the BFGs and the car was all over the place. I put on some Grand Am Hoosiers, 275 rear, 245 front and the car had more traction than it has ever had, ever, by far, after only half a lap.

Throughout the weekend I improved by 9 seconds and was fastest in RWD up until the time attack session. Jeff had A6s so I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to beat him. The first session he beat me by .100 sec. The second session he took another second off that.

I only got a lap in before the front exhaust area caught on fire and melted some shit. The exhaust broke, probably from an earlier off road excursion, and hyper heated everything down there, melting everything, aluminum and all. It is fine though and is just superficial damage.
I'll post some more tonight (including incar video) but here is a photo from flickr.



This was the last practice before the timed portion and I was pushing the 2 hard braking zones, where it gets exciting:)  I have to pull the gearbox as fifth (it is still a syncro semi-helical gear) is acting up, not sure why.  I had to baby it every time or it wouldn't go in.


Damn shame.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!