Designing the right oiling system is expensive.

I see a lot of cool things in other peoples builds that I would like to incorporate into my own build. I daily drive my car but eventually want it to see track duty. I am thinking once I pick up a beater car I am going to have a mild rebuild done to the motor eventually. But I want to get everything else in line with the motor before I take that step.

So I have a list of things I would like to eventually buy for my oiling system.

Dimensions are
A = 16in || B=141/2 in || C=41/2 in || D= 2in

Why this particular cooler? because it's a side entry unit that is long and short but the dimensions I think are perfect for mounting it up right behind the center grille between my headlights since I don't run a hood latch.


For a visual reference this is what I mean by side entry.  Throw is about 18 bucks for 2 -8 an fittings and taxes and such and I'm looking close to 240-250 for just the cooler core... I think the sizing I picked is pretty good, not too big and not too small, it will definitely get the job done.

I'm torn on weather I should run a thermostat or not, for the price of the stand alone thermo and a remote mount filter block I could just buy the greddy unit and save myself the trouble since they both would come out to 150 dollars.

Otherwise just the standard oil filter relocation block from anplumbing.com

Anyway instead of giving a huge retarded breakdown i'm just going to throw my grocery list out there.
Setrab Oil Cooler
Jordan Innovation hose (because I don't want to make them myself)
Mazworx oil block
Oil Relocation block
Fram HP1 Oil Filter
New OEM S13 SR20DET Redtop Oil cover
Tomei Oil Pan
Various -8 or -10 An plumbing fittings. Depending on what's easier to go with.

I think also I should invest in the oil pressure and temp gauges as well to see if an oil thermostat would be warranted at this point and add it in later or not.

I'd also like a PBM Skid plate in the future, but I'm going to have to figure out a way to mount that with the vertex diffuser in the way of it's front mount points. I'm looking close to about 1000 dollars for the above listed items, nothing I plan on purchasing over a weekend. Just small accumulation here and there.

I also want to upgrade my cooling system, so I'm just writing out small things I would like to replace, or modify to my liking before getting into any big commitment items.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!