Faking the Supakuriaheddoraito

 Supakuriaheddoraito is some kind of Japanese slang which translates to "super clear headlights".

In a nutshell I want to buy these headlights for my car, but I cannot justify the cost for their use or functionality. They're purely a cosmetic item that does not work better than my stock option.

The contestants are...

Yashio Factory 49,800 yen = 534 us dollars.



Vertex USA 550 dollars



General (non brand but same manufacturer lights) 260 dollars.



There is a heated debate when it comes to knock off parts, but when it comes to parts that are not directly engineered by the people who sell them and they're manufactured by the "jdm apc" and sold as an accessory through their shop. Something about that rubs me the wrong way.

Now I personally would love a set of these headlights to put on my car just for car shows, I would never drive around with them on my car for two reasons.

1. they're ridiculously expensive.
2. the lighting they produce is horrible (meaning they're not safe and reduce my night time visibility and range)

Now I am not a person who really condone's knock off parts, but who's to say any of this stuff is authentic. Honestly if the vertex or yashio factory lights were GLASS I would GLADLY pay 600 dollars for them after US taxes. But because they're made from the same cheap plastic the american ones are, and are EXACTLY THE SAME throughout (and even get condensation in them.)

How do I justify supporting the cost of this stuff?

It's like someone knocked off that stupid squash air freshner everyone put in their car. Would you still pay 20 bucks for a refill when you could get the same thing for less?

I'm not talking, dr. pepper replaced with mr.fibb I'm talking dr. pepper replaced with dr.pepper for a dollar less a can.

The clear choice is obvious. I will buy the American version. Mainly because it's not important to me to say this non functional part of my car for shows which can be changed out for my better stock counterpart is worth the cost to me.

Maybe if there was something that displayed the authenticity of the product like a vertex molded stamp in the light like the real silvia s15 headlights, etc.

But not even that. So what the fuck am I getting for 300 dollars more?

Anybody?

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!