Found you, little son of a bitch.

So with the short in my headlight wiring and water temp gauge driving me absolutely fucking nuts. The exhaust leak along with some odd rattling has been getting on my nerves because there is no visual area at all that my exhaust could possibly be leaking from.

I've re torqued the studs and nuts on my turbo down-pipe just in case that was the problem. It wasn't.

I got down and looked at the exhaust multiple times and none of the flanges had any sign of separation, the exhaust wouldn't rotate (which it did when the flange broke on the cat)...

So I went to my buddy Double J's (Jeff Jordan) to whore his garage and got the car up in the air. Still can't find anything so I unbolted the exhaust, there has to be a hole somewhere at the top of the exhaust pipe.

Sure enough.


So I guess every night leaving work I go up this hill and my exhaust rubs on it. I guess it finally just broke loose. It was about 11:30pm and it was too late to clean the metal to weld it since I needed to fix this asap, so we did the next best thing.


RTV, Aluminum Sheet, Clamp... Butter baby.


Then while leaving Jeff's complex I thought it would be a good idea to back out instead of driving face first into the street... Obviously this was not a good idea haha. I need to take this bumper off of my car and fix it anyway. 
 
But I just made my little brothers job that much harder.

BTW Jeff also had the rubber grommet I needed for my driver door striker so now the light doesn't come on that my doors are open while i'm driving. So much win. Thanks Double J.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!