Quest Alternator Upgrade

I have my Cody Ace fabrication bracket ready to roll, just picked up brand new MEXICAN built quest alternator (which he was really proud of, said it makes 140 amps) and asked what I was putting it on since I don't look like a guy who owns a mini van.

I said : "A Nissan 240sx
He was like : "Awesome"


I've been going to Jeff's too much this week, I'm going to make sure before I put this on I find a new front cover for my buddy Steve's Alternator. (I should have two spare alternators) I told him I wouldn't drill a hole in his alternator cover to mount it on my car, in the process of swapping alternator covers. Worse comes to worse, I'll buy him a new one.


This happened. 


Sadly breaking the casting of your aluminum front cover is not repairable without welding. And I fear we were never going to get this fucking stud out of the bearing without destroying the cover with the bearing press. So I had no choice but to drill the threads out in Steve's cover. I should've taken his adjustment nut for the ka24de alternator and found a way for it to work. But this wasn't supposed to happen. Jeff had a spare Ka24 alternator that we were going to drill the hole in instead, until we realized it was a single cam alternator, cover is completely different.

Sigh.

So that's that for now.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!