Sunday, Non-Fun day

Opposite of the fun Risky Devil have on Sundays, I had the exact opposite.



To bring you up to speed...

Friday consisted of me putting this on my car while my front bumper heads off to surgery.



Driving to work today I lost power steering, there is still fluid in the reservoir and it seems the pump itself has possibly taken a shit. I had a bitch of a time installing that when I first put the motor back together so I'll probably end up getting a new pump. I also actually have power steering fluid in my system... It was designed for ATF, I didn't read the manual on what fluids to fill my car up because cars should not be stupid and require ATF where POWER STEERING fluid goes.

But I have most likely biffed the power steering system due to this... but I guess having the power post of Dalaz_68's KA24DE alternator puncture my power steering hardline and filling the boot up with fluid and almost killing my battery didn't help things either.



Contact was intermittent due to engine vibration so the fuses didn't blow they melted. Instead of trying to drive my car home later like this I just muscled it to work, and grabbed 7 pages of notebook paper, wrapped it around the line and covered it with a rag and put the boot back over the power line after wiping as much power steering fluid off and out of it that I could.

I also changed my 80 and 60 amp charging fuses. They didn't necessarily break the 80amp(white) just melted and caused the plastic on the 60amp(blue) to melt.



Also I have mystery fluid leaking elsewhere in my engine bay, haven't determined weather it's motor oil or some other type of oil. Most likely power steering fluid, but it's up by my clutch master and on the underside of the turbo area.  

So tomorrow in the AM... heading to baker precision then to double J's again dumping the hard line, installing power steering cooler (totally unnecessary I think I would be fine just looping the line but whatever.) might as well. and installing quest alternator, then heading to work.


Rad!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!