We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful wizard of SMOG

Yes that's right, that just happened. 



The guys hand writing is pretty fucking illegible, but in a nutshell I was just meeting up with my caravan for all star bash. I took a wrong turn and ended up in the direction of a checkpoint, no big deal right. I'll just circle around and go the way I originally meant to go.... oh whats this a motorcycle is flying up my ass, must be an unlicensed motorcyclist.

haha until I saw the second headlight that matched his, there was no doubt about it. I was about to get fucked by the long dick of the law.



Besides pulling me over and laughing that this was going to be an expensive ticket, I explained it was a track car and tried to hide nothing. I disrespected him and his team by trying to avoid his checkpoint and he told me if I would've just went through it there would've been no problems. But it is what it is.

I seriously don't even understand how adjustable blow off valves are not smog legal, they don't hamper with the emissions of the car in any way nor do they enhance the performance of a car. All they do is prolong the life of the turbo charger without causing surge.

The exhaust I'll have signed off, it's not loud at all. However altered emissions and adjustable blow off valve have to be passed by the state ref otherwise I'm going to run into a problem getting my car "smogged" in the future. I'll have to see how that pans out.

I'll keep you updated as my court date is late August.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!