Valve Cover getting Rad

Thanks to my friend Luis Gonzalez for 1 creating my hybrid valve cover. and 2 finally welding on my A/N fittings.

So yesterday was my day off so I felt like driving around. Was going to drop my valve cover off with Luis and pick it up sometime next week but Luis was like "I can do it under an hour" like a boss. I went down to Baker Performance in Signal Hill to pick up 3 more -8 aluminum weld on fittings.


I left with this shit. 

Turns out they were also HARD anodized so Luis had to waste time cleaning the fittings off to weld them onto my valve cover and catch can. Good thing I don't need A/N anything put on for a while.

Here are some close ups of the welds. 








Legit right, we agreed at 70 bucks for the work since it was under an hour and he has to clean those dumb ass fittings. I always feel like I should pay Luis more but he charges what he charges and that's why I bring him work. Not to mention he's local. 

I also saw that he had another Porsche A/C condensor laying around in his backyard like the one for his custom side mount A/C Setup. I ask him if someone is going to buy it?

he's like nope, and so I ask if I can buy it?

he's like take it, I can't charge you for something I didn't pay for. 

HAHA DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME TWICE!!! 


So this is yesterdays Haul. 

Around the End of October I will be contacting the talented Richard Rabe painter extroidenare to handle the painting duties on my valve cover. This is the look I am going for, the exceed moat S14 Valve Cover.



You can read more about their cars on my blogroll to the right or head on over to the speed hunters article

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!