2011 maintenance for that drive up to Sacramento.

To be quite honest, I don't even think I'm going to wax my car for wekfest. I ain't trying to win no trophy and my shits going to get all dirty when driving up there anyway.

But there were a few things that were bothering me about my car that needed attending.

The low pressure fuel return line had seen better days, plus I had some jimmy rig adapter thing going on with a busted ass old hose that I've just been lagging to replace. And it's been a while since I changed my oil. It's been about 5440+ miles of street driving since I changed it last.

My car doesn't burn oil but I did put about 7500+ miles on that high mileage fram filter.

Surprisingly the magnet on the drain plug had no shavings so thumbs up to you mobil1 10-30 for holding it down. Even though you make my car sound like a run down KA *jerk off motion*


Told double J over at Jordan Innovations that I needed to do an oil change and he suggested I do amsoil so I'm going to give it a go. At the cost it was probably 10 more bucks than I normally spend on doing it with a mobil1, 5 gallon jug and my usual fram high mile oil filter. One day maybe I'll actually do the filter relocation too so I can run a legit big filter.



And then there is this speaker deck I got a few months ago from Joey Grande of 9K Racing, him and his girl were nice enough to meet up with me @ the Hat to drop it off to me free of charge. Even though I don't have rear speakers it looks worlds better than the deck piece I had there before.

Since I don't need to adjust my rear dampening there is no point in me having access to stick something down in that area to adjust the stiffness/softness it's at a setting I like for street and for play.

All around car could not be running any better right now.

At the end of the day


  • replaced bad fuel line
  • changed oil with amsoil 5w-30 and amsoil filter
  • checked coolant
  • cleaned maf
  • inspected boots, checked intake pipe for irregular oil.
  • disassembled blow off valve, serviced (still doesn't blow wtf)
  • spilled old oil on jeff's driveway after he told me not to. 
  • Stray went to dogpark with Aunt Camille and she made us sammiches
Today was a good day. 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!