Note to self, weld nut to washer next time removing core support.

Note to self, weld nut to washer next time removing core support.


Was blasting home on the freeway and noticed the 10 percent of my viewable area out front turned black, after hearing a nice little clunking noise thinking I kicked up a rock. That was the nut coming loose from this pin. A year of street driving and not checking something so simple can lead to a broken windshield if not careful.

I don't run a hood latch on my car.


I originally was going to put bubblegum at the bottom of that nut to hold it in place but the lady at the gas station did me dirty and was like fuck you I'm on break. So luckily I had some zip ties to put under the nut to get me home. Obviously the next day I got into the ZONE... Auto Zone and grabbed some new M10 nuts and m10 washers and lathered this shit up in loctite.

But yeah next time I remove the upper core support I'm welding those nuts to the washers. This is my main means of securing the hood to the car since I don't run a hood latch.

So I might want to make sure I don't need a new roof panel and windshield on top of things.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!