I think it's time to clear the air on Fatlace

What is Beef? What is my Beef? most importantly Where's the beef?






A lot of people that know me personally know that I dislike Fatlace, illest, Hella Flush, and all of that nonsense associated with it. Not necessarily for their company, their products, or anything personal with their staff. So Wayne to make this clear
  • You don't have a beef with Mark
  • You don't have beef with his staff
  • You don't hate their clothes
Then you're probably wondering, what's the problem? How can you dislike/hate Fatlace without dislike or hating anything in relation to Fatlace. 

I guess to be honest I don't really have a problem with "Fatlace" in itself, to be more to the point I dislike the bandwagon and the people in the automotive scene who just throw shit on their car to belong to a crowd. Back in the day I was all about car crews, street racing, and doing dumb shit.

Now I'm older, grumpy, and still building cars. Some people have an internet personality different from their real life personality, but I'm pretty much the same on both. I'm not some super mega bad ass on the internet, I'm also bad ass in real life. o_O

haha j/k

Cars that don't have any soul is the new hype. 

I'm just sick that there are so many car builds out there that don't have any soul... This is one of the main reasons why I don't associate myself with Violent Running Tribe anymore. I've tried constantly to hype that group up and motivate and help other's within the circle to finish their cars, the cars that had souls. A story to tell with the car. Most of the guys sold their souls and moved on

The hype wagon created by the "I want to be a part of something because it's cool" rather than "I want to be a part of that because it feels real." struck us and we let new members join. Regular members started car swapping, one in particular "built" (lowered it, threw rotas on it) a Miata, got pictures taken and posted on Hella Flush, dude felt accomplished. Hawked the car off for 9 grand to some dumbshit with money to burn. 

Then swapped 1-2 other cars since then. I normally comment on people who just are all about hype and not about having any pride behind what the fuck they waste their time and money on. So in a nutshell miata guy calls me on it and says I'm just some grumpy fuck because I'm mad I'll never get back what I put into my car. 

Who said I was trying to sell it? Who said it was finished? I think he missed the point while others agreed with him. Cool, I'm still acquainted with most of them. Can't really say they're my friends because I'm not close to any of them and that's that.

But lets get to the deeper meaning of all of this. 

Wekfest

I know a lot of people out there don't like to read stuff unless there are tons of pictures.


I found out I was supposed to be grouped with Marks cars and the fatlace guys for the Nisei show and I was telling Weksos James that I wasn't really too fond of Fatlace. So I wasn't too happy to have my car bunched up with theirs. Luckily they put me on the other end of the hall, but to be honest with you. 

Real talk I think my dislike for fatlace and what they're about *like I know because i'm tight with them right?* is more me just placing the blame on them for the cars I see out there with no soul. 

If anyone remembers AMSEVEN. Those guys are a crew I looked up to and wanted to be a part of, their cars had soul. I was close with a few of the members and homies with a few others. Ryan O., Jonah, Paul S. and his little brother Nick S, Jeremy G., Noah's crazy ass. Some of those guys still have their cars, and some haven't even changed in the last 10 years. 

But they still get their props, like Daniel Hernandez aka dier88, cars like his and Aries Prelude (AM7) are what inspired BIG MIKE like honda builds of today! 

Back when I was into Honda's 2000-2006 people looked up to them and started to put soul into their cars. JDM Jon Tanji http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1426968 from DOHC Garage. The cars he built had soul. 

Everything I see on the streets with a fatlace sticker, illest, etc sticker on it I know isn't built by fatlace. But people just slap shit together, using low quality stuff, half ass work, half running cars, flying the flags of Fatlace the car culture and dope gear fashion, etc. 

You see where I'm going with this? 

Violent Running Tribe refused to sell stickers to mainstream people that weren't part of the circle because they didn't want the name just showing up on any ol piece of shit. Now it doesn't matter and people are putting it on whatever they want, just making their own stickers. 

The group lost it's purpose, and without even knowing Mark personally or anyone from the Fatlace crew minus some back and forth between Jay Pizzaro I feel the message they originally were trying to get out about fitment, stance, cool cars, and fresh gear got miscontrued along the way.

People think slamming a car, putting wheels that don't fit and look dumb as shit on some back to the future spec camber, slapping a roof rack on their car and fatlace, illest, and cannibeat stickers on their shit is what the message was.

Their cars have no soul, people are out buying knock off's this and that but buying 2-300 dollar jordans and 50 dollar fitted hats to match their outfits. The shit is buckwild to me, the whole car game is just a fucking front.

Marks s14 above wasn't really all that impressive to me just at a glance, it's white, got rocket bunny aero, some dope wheels. And in retrospect, when looking at my car I also said to myself.

My car doesn't look all that impressive either. Because looking at my car you don't see the story behind the car, you don't know the soul that went into that car, the sleepless and stressful nights of learning wiring diagrams, attempting to put a new roof on a car period.

My dad said it best "Wayne was never into cars, every other kid would be in the garage working on cars, Wayne didn't really care for them and was reading comics, running the streets, or on the computer."

So looking at Marks car and deducing that it's not really all that impressive is unfair because I don't know the story behind the car, I don't know Mark.

And lastly I am putting blame on his company for the lack of misdirection the youth has in the "scene" and there really isn't much else to it. Some people including myself look at it as people are just buying up fatlace this, illest that and slapping it all over their cars and that's supposed to give your cars culture. Biggest offenders are the homies Risky Devil.

They were on some nascar shit in 08 with the stickers and over promotion of Fatlace now they put the stickers on the insides of the cars.

But I'm on some Antonio Alvendia shit right now just segwaying into random ramblings, I would just like to apologize personally to Mark Arcenal, and everyone Fatlace affiliated for placing my personal disgust with the stance scene and misconception of what makes an awesome car on your shoulders.

What prompted your to let it burn on the blog? 


pretty much all of the normal tards on Zilvia with no money but billion dollar ambitions were talking about what they would do if they won the car, blah blah blah. It turned into a 4 page shitfest because they thought it was some world wide raffle, and just started posting stuff like this. 

Y'all mad. Stop trippin.

If you don't like the contest, don't get a ticket. DON'T FEED THE HYPE MACHINE.

I'm sure Mark could care less.

In which I replied pretending to impersonate Mark


Mark Arcenal here, just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that I wasn't even there. I was busy making money and not crying over dumb shit like you guys here. Actin like the silliest members I've come to know and love buying all my shit, paying for this shrimp dinner I'm eating off some naked bitch. 
You know I hella stuck that ass after I finished my shrimp too... wait what? Skyline wtf you talking about son, I can't hear you down there on top of all this money stupids. 
Stay fresh, buy my shit. fatlace, illest, nike, pac man. 
act like you know. 
chumps.

And out of nowhere Mark Arcenal himself finally replies to the thread haha, someone must've told him someone was pretending to be him talking all kinds of shit!

^^ damn don't know where that came from shrimp is definitely delicious. Scott wouldn't know cause he's allergic to seafood or some shit. To each his own, I suppose.
Btw Nice roof swap, car looked proper at wekfest. 
He was a good sport about having someone he's never met, had no idea of my "stance" towards Fatlace in general pretty much take a jab at him. I don't know Mark personally but honestly this humble response had caused me to sit and write all of this.

Had he been a dick I probably would've just carried on as usual.

Anyway, that's what caused me to write this loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ass fucking post you probably wont sit and read.

CLIFFS: I dislike fatlace, hella flush, canibeat, etc because of the crowd trying to slap together shit piles aside from the people who actually build a car that has a story to tell. After thinking about this dislike in retrospect I have realized that it's not Fatlaces fault, but a bandwagon. So this is my version of an Apology for being a dick.

- Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!