Wekfest 3

I didn't take a lot of pictures, I drove up friday and it was a little rough on the s14. Started to get some arcing on my charge wire. Guess I should probably get that sorted out, after a few pit stops to inspect the wiring it seems an area where I cannot see the main power wire was rubbing against an exposed part of the chassis.

Luckily I didn't blow any fuses as I still haven't gotten a set of spares after putting my actual spares in the junction box. I'll have to make a new one, it's just that simple.

I stayed in Pleasanton, CA at the Larkspur Landing it was like 89 bucks a night 2 beds 2 rooms, an office, a fridge, pretty damned legit for 89 bucks a night. Plus my car was parked right outside of my hotel room so I wasn't too worried about anyone coming to snatch it, but seriously I didn't see any other imports in this town. So thanks Weksos James for the advice on this neat little spot.







I love the fact that it had a smash room, so funny hahaha.

I went to a nice little breakfast spot called Jims, the food was pretty bomb all homemade. Then for Dinner I went to LaPinata with James after washing my car and waxing it at his pad. Seriously waxing my car for me is like the biggest waste of time ever. But whatever, car looked pretty fresh, hopefully some of the photogs got some good shots of it.


The drive up to nor cal was a little taxing on my paint however, 5 hours of constantly having the rears heated up by the massive 265 width Hankook RS-3 has caused the inevitable too low paint bubbling process.





Here is a couple of cool Panoramic shots I took with my cell phone of the event. I think they came out pretty cool...



I don't really know if my car was in a good spot or a bad spot, it would've been nice if they put me by other nissan 240's instead of the NSX's but it's all good I can't complain. A lot of people liked what they saw and took a ton of pictures.




Whats funny is I wore my hair like this today so more people would recognize me from facebook, but I guess it was so intimidating not a lot of people said hi lol. But it got lots of looks, and damn that crepe was amazing.

1st place nissan of the show, congrats! 

Kouki_Kid from Zilvia, very nice car. This is the color I originally wanted to paint mine. 

The slap chop gs400 lol



I don't know if it's just me but it looks like Rays Wheels are starting to copy other peoples shit (not direct copies but just design hues I've seen on other wheels are very evident in these new flavors by Volk Racing.

I was seriously underwhelmed, but I guess you could say the same about my car. 

This car was bad ass, but I'm assuming it's never been on a track. 

This is exactly what you SHOULDN'T do with a BMW ever.


I took a few more pictures but I really don't feel like photobombing my blog with them, I will simply say to the owner of the TSX, honestly you have one of my favorite rims on your car.

I LOVED THE BRONZE ON THESE WHEELS, GO BBS!!! 

looks like 18x10 te superlaps all around, not sure on the offset but probably +15 judging from the spokes

Awesome car, and Awesome VS-XX wheels, I am not sure they make those versions of the XX anymore.  

Pretty much there wasn't enough Nissans for there to be a 240sx category and I'm cool with that, I didn't expect anything anyway for such a mundane car so I just left while they were doing the awards and headed straight home. That drive was fucking bloody MURDER.

I spent at least an hour just trying to get to the bridge, then finally got off of the 580 onto the 5. Powered through most of the drive but got "HELLA" sleepy plus I ran out of Tacos from jack n the box to shovel down my throat. I wasn't really hungry at all I was just eating them to stimulate my mind while driving.

The last 80 miles of the trip I parked at a 24 hour starbucks and slept for about 45 minutes or so, felt like I slept for a while and just powered through the rest of the trip and finally got home at 2am.

Thank you very much to the weksos staff for such an awesome event, thanks James B. for your hospitality when I was in your hood, I honestly really appreciate it bro. I owe you a bottle of meguiars wet wet, and the window cleaner that I didn't really use at all.

Congrats to all of my friends who won awards at the show, shot out to Motormavens because they're cool. And I will be the first to admit I am not the biggest fan of anything FATLACE but I am looking forward to the expansion of the wekfest show due to the new partnership between Weksos and Fatlace.

Thank you very much to my beautiful girlfriend/best friend for coming to the show with me and going on this little adventure and not hating me so much for it, I am glad you enjoyed the lounge area while getting your creeper on haha.

peace out, it was definitely a great experience and I am just proud of myself the the car I built made the drive up and back like a champ. It's really a great feeling of accomplishment to know that I built this car from the floor up and we have our ups and downs. But you didn't do me dirty and I also appreciate that.

Thanks for reading,
Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!