Last night

Only Ghostface can rap over a ringing telephone lol.




Anyway last night for me wasn't as adventurous as my mans. I was downstairs to check my ecu for codes, of course it's throwing code 43 why wouldn't it be. Car idles like shit, and I can't seem to figure out why. The wiring is good (although I spent more time trying to remember where I was supposed to plug in my multimeter cables lol)

(43 is for tps) Ever since I got the car dyno tuned and my timing correct somehow my tps took a shit. No bueno, I reset the codes on the ecu and pulled the tps plug to check the wiring. I didn't really get any voltage on the signal wire (dur), I got 5v from the tps sender, and my ground is good.

Put the car into the on position, plug in tps. pipe in the multimeter on the 5v channel and the signal wire and try to move the tps around. voltage is all over the place .17v, .55v. I think even at one time I got like .145v and it just kept counting upwards.

I'm almost sure now that the stupid tps took a shit, there is no way that wiring has a short in it. I will try a spare tps sensor before ripping the harness apart again to run some wire. My boy Jeff is hella busy with Formula D teams right now so I really am not trying to inandate him with my little bullshit issues.

I'm a big boy, I built this harness first, Jeff perfected it, and I really don't think it's the culprit. I'll report back this weekend on my findings.

-Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!