Need for Tow > Need for Speed 2 gathering.

How can I put this, when it rains it pours? 

I cannot express enough how grateful I am for the friends that I have made throughout my car. I was headed to a buddies house to grab a spare IAVC/AAC and TPS sensor for my car to fix the idle issue that's been bugging the shit out of me for half a year now. I stop at starbucks, get my coffee on cause I'm tired as fuck. Hop on the freeway and get my cruise on, and for some reason my rpm's just seemed high to me like I was only in third gear. So I went to check by putting it in neutral and then back to fifth. 

When I went to press the clutch pedal, there was no clutch pedal, you have one of those akward moments like how the fuck did I put my foot where there is a pedal, and there is no pedal. I don't panic cause I'm driving slow and take my foot off of the gas and slide it on the brake to make sure i'm not trippin and stepping on the foot stop. 

Nope, you're not trippin, your clutch pedal went limp on you and you took your car out of gear on the freeway like a dumbass in the rain in front of an onramp with no where to pull your car off. So not only are you stuck on the freeway, while it's raining, in a black car, in front of a bunch of people who are driving like they're coming out of a nascar pit. 

I sat there dumbfounded asking myself, well what the fuck do I do. 

Do I get out and try to assess the situation and risk dying, do I just twiddle my thumbs and post on facebook i'm stranded on the freeway. Or do you put the car in 1st gear, and just try to turn it on. 

Sure enough that worked, lets get the fuck off of this freeway then we can worry about bullshit later. 

So it's now 10:20pm the first exit I see is highland ave, as I pull off I see the the hollywood bowl, perfect there should be plenty of room to pull my car off of the road to see whats wrong. , I check for fluid leaks but can't seem to find none, I open up my clutch cylinder and the fluid is non existent. 

I call Luis up and ask him how bad is it to put water in there for shits and giggles just to build pressure. He said no bueno, so that's out. He suggests I call the homie Steve and see if he can help since he's closer than Luis and if he can't help me out then Luis will come to my aid. 

Cool. 

Call Steve and he lets me know he's on the way, 30 minutes later he's there, I go to the local gas station and grab some brake fluid, get back fill with fluid, pump the clutch back and forth and 0 pressure. Something has to be wrong. 

Get a flashlight and I can clearly see the fork that holds the throwout bearing hanging out of the side of the bellhousing and the slave cylinder fully extended off to the side. Which leads to 2 possible things happening

1. the retainers for the throwout bearings broke which I highly doubt. 
2. the clutch pivot snapped (which on these cars they're notorious for with upgraded clutches) 

Anyway the car isn't moving on it's own tonight, Steve calls up his triple A and asks them to bring a flatbed, sure enough 12:15am tow truck driver shows up with regular tow truck, looks at my car and goes, yeah you're going to need a flatbed...

WTF bro it's not like I think my car is a king and deserves a bed to lie upon with rose petals spread about, I seriously am trying to help you out by letting you know a flat bed is a REQUIREMENT to move my car. Regular tow truck would never get under the front and it has a locking limited slip differential. 

It's now 1:40am after exhausting things to kill time and sitting in the cold in frustration while my buddy Steve could be doing better things (BTW STEVE IS FUCKING AWESOME) the tow truck driver finally shows up. 


Finally bro... the flatbed driver then tells me he's going to fuck up my front bumper trying to hook that thing onto the bed and asks if I can drive it up, so sure lets rape the starter a bit more lol. 


Simone is a trooper, I'm not even mad at my car those parts I should've replaced when I was putting the car back together but lack of $$$ when I was unemployed left me to work with what I had. Quality stock nissan parts that are almost 18-20 years old. (I have a first gen s13 redtop engine) 

So Steve and I finally part ways and we can end or begin this shitty Friday or so I thought. As soon as I get to my exit on the freeway with the tow guy we run into this... literally inches away from sweet victory and good nights. 


I hope the lady and the passengers in her car were okay, that was a pretty nasty hit, she must've slid across the freeway 3 lanes and ate the guard rail head on. 

Anyway tow truck driver was a boss, crept up to the exit, got cussed out by the cops and pretended he didn't know English and got it done haha. 

Going to sign up for Triple A tomorrow!!! 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!