The Blueprint

Lets talk 2011-2012 motor build shall we. I finally picked up my spare redtop from David aka Turtle_m3th on Zilvia. Real cool dude. Came with the intake manifold as I requested and spare temp sensors. Everything else wasn't really needed. The specs on the motor can be found in my previous entry here.


I was browsing maxworx website and came across these, they offer a whole A/N Radiator hose setup for sr20 to go along with these fellas. Pictured are the cnc billet aluminum fittings which you can read more about here. There is also a thermostat option for 25 bucks more (obviously the fitting on the left would change.) But how cool is this.


I have yet to see a picture of these installed on a motor as I think theyre might be some pulley clearance issues with that thermostat piece. I may bite the bullet on these since I planned on doing an a/n setup radiator anyway. (still keeping the taurus fan and shroud setup, hands down best electric fan setup if you're not keeping the stock shroud and clutch fan.

The motor has a spun rod bearing, so I will actually take this opportunity to have oil groves added to the bottom end of the block so I can run calico coated GTi-R bearings. I obviously will have a machinist inspect everything so I know what size bearings I will need to purchase and if I require a new crank or not. I won't get too far into explaining the lower internal game to you since people hate reading.

Notice the groves added in the block for the mains. 
 But most of what was done in this article I will do to strengthen the bottom end. And yes I will also be running the crank scraper that requires the upper pan to be modified. Might as well since I'm in no rush to get this in my car.
(try not to be too stupid when you realize his motor is from a sentra se-r n/a sr20de. Key words "MOST OF".) 


The intake manifold I will have port matched to the head if need be, the redtop sr20 (180sx) already have big ports so making them bigger is really unnecessary. You really just need a polish and de-bur of the inlets and outlets, the valves already have a 3 angle valve job from the factory. May need to upgrade the springs, and get new rockers, and run rocker arm stoppers but other than that I don't have large plans for the head. The bottom end is the guts and what I want to make reliable/bulletproof.

There isn't much else I can think of doing to the motor besides removing the stock water routing setup that goes behind the block. That shit is getting eliminated ASAP. A lot of shit will be getting powdercoating before I put it back on the block, weather it's getting chromed, or getting a fresh coat of black on it is up in the air.

I'm not a big "car show" guy so I don't like throwing my hood up everytime I park somewhere or at a show so some douchebag can try to compare my engine bay with some tucked honda bay. I build cars, and motors, not engine bays.

But I'm trying to keep it clean, for the children.

Stay tuned, plan better.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!