Plans for 2011-2012


people like pictures, so I'm just going to explain that way. 

18x10 -7(r) and -3(f) deposit for them to be made is happening in June.
-sr20det redtop
-cp pistons bored to 86.5
-eagle rods
-arp rod/head bolts
-Apexi 87mmx1.2mm head gasket
-new oil pump
-new water pump
-new timing chain and guides
has a spun bearing, which is fine will have bottom end looked at and will replace all arp studs with mazworx spec sr20 studs. worst case scenario new crank and bearings. Picking it up next weekend.


7064 twinscroll .93 a/r capable of 45lbs of boost. retarded!



A/N Radiator setup. -16 fittings and hose will integrate water temp sender and swirl tank. and Tucked A/C setup. Still looking for 97-98 HVAC parts, may just buy what I need new from Nissan.


not my valve cover

Danny Gonzales (Inland180 on Zilvia) was referred by me to my welder Luis Gonzales, owner of (Fineline Tuning) to have a hybrid valve cover made, and was inspired by choices in my build thread to make a yashio factory themed valve cover and I referred him to the best of the best. Richard Rabe of R.Rabe body and paint. And here is the result. Looks pretty good. I am not sure if I will still go with this now since someone else out there did what I originally was going to do. I'm a bit crossed but hey he had the money ready and I slept on it.

At least I know I helped inspire this tasteful and functional modification. I didn't move forward with mine because I had to get the coil pack bolt holes, and coil cover holes filled with weld. They were originally tapped all the way through and caused some oiling issues.

Thus I didn't want to have it painted, then have someone do welding work on it and ruin the paint.



Luke Longberger of Blue808 handled the filler duties on the bottom end of the cover, the coil pack cover holes I will just have to fill with silicone. That's what I get for buying an N/A s15 valve cover (they don't have holes for coil packs or coil pack covers)

On the left is a Porsche A/C condenser, the reason I want the HVAC stuff mentioned above is for a tucked A/N Air conditioner setup. Most people run oil coolers about this size in the front wheel wells, I will have this placed there and run the lines just under my passenger frame rail and through the firewall. Shit will look tough.

Last but not least.

Racepaq IQ3 + Haltech EMS
I hope somehow I will be able to fit this all on the car before the end of 2012. Shit comes up and stuff never gets finished. I have a set goal and a set amount of money and downtime for the car I want to have to get all of this squared away.

Some things may come sooner than others, and I may possibly put building the car on the back burner and save for something to drive around on the streets I don't care about. One things for sure, I got my eyes on the prize.

I thought long and hard about going V8, there are 2 reasons mainly why I am not and choose the spend the money to stay with the dying platform of sr20's.

1. V8 is too fucking LOUD, I have yet to hear one modest sounding 240 with a V8 or any other car besides a vette with a LSx. They sound like a bear getting raped by a Dinosaur. I don't want that at all.

2. I think turbo's are very cool, they suck ass to work on, even more when they break. But something about the spool of a turbo just makes me fucking giddy.

Anyway thanks for reading and sorry for making this so long.

P.S. I don't know if the masa motorsports hood is going to end up happening. RHD Japan doesn't offer it on their website any longer and I can't find it for sale anywhere else. Guess I slept on that and it's never going to be =(

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!