It's been a long time coming!

But I finally bought proper mounting nuts for my kouki headlights so it's bolted to the fenders like it's supposed to be instead of them flapping all over the place ripping up the tabs that mount to the brackets. So a small win I guess was had today.

Multimeter isn't picking up any funny business. 

This is what I deal with, it randomly just goes off and on.

I literally tapped the passenger light with my foot and bam, it's on. 
My passenger side headlight burned out the other day. And a while back I thought it had grounded out or something. I removed the dash and re-secured and taped down all of the wiring. So all internal wiring of the car is cool. I think the headlight switch is going bad or the headlight relay on the car might be getting stuck. I flicked on the brights and all of the lights stayed on.

When I first put everything together the driver lights used to turn off when I turned the brights on, like they're supposed to by design. So that raised some concerns for me.


Since the odometer in the car has NEVER worked I am very paranoid about my oil, I always check it. This motor is old as hell, I always check the plugs, the coil packs, fuses, oil on a regular basis. My buddy Jeff from Jordan Innovations says that I can run this AMSOIL for the rest of the year and I should be good. So far I've put about 9500 miles on this oil and I did notice a dab of glitter but I had to look really hard for it.

The turbo is currently on it's way out, oil seal on the intake side is broken and oil is misting out during boost. However not enough to hamper it's ability to still provide 7.9lbs of boost. To be safe I am having another one rebuilt by Mario Madrid of GR Performance to replace this one.

I don't worry about the performance aspect of the car too much since it's my daily, I am only worried about reliability and longevity. I am looking at used honda fits as I would like to have another one as a daily and park the s14 so I can focus on collecting parts for it instead of worrying about it needing to be running at all times.

So we'll see how that all works out.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!