Sideways Sundays @ Irwindale

Went to Sideways Sunday at Irwindale today

click for original size (like 8000px wide)


It was alright but I was tired as hell....

see me sleeping before it was 80+ degree's

So I left around 1:20, it got stupid hot like ASB almost and I started to get dizzy. I was going to sit in my car and go to sleep but I saw two other cars leave so fuck it, I left too.


A lot of friends who drove the event said that they felt robbed, there was no driver cap and at 80 dollars a car and almost 80 cars not to mention almost 60-70 cars for the car show I think they financially made out pretty well, although I saw some hype about food trucks and shit. No food trucks to be found so I was a bit bummed.

I think this was snapped as I was getting ready to drive off.


The pit area was super un-organized people were parking in front of other people and blocking them in, that kind of sucked .

Observations, a lot of "drifters" seriously can't drift for shit, the event was horribly laughable and not because of the event organizers but the drifters themselves. Some guy trailered his car out to the event and flew into a barrier and pretty much crushed his s14. So funny hahahaha!

This is exactly why I don't even bother with it, a lot of people are like "oh I need V8, I need all this power" No you need to learn how to fucking drive first, having 4-500hp on tap isn't going to make you JTP over night. So much front tire smoke today even the emcee was just talking shit on the cars.

After today I can appreciate events like Nisei and Wekfest or driving events like ASB that only allow approved cars into their shows or events.

I made it out and that's all that matters, my last trip to one of those events period. Made 30 bucks and that's the only reason I went.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!