Operation replacement radiator.

So I'll keep it short, if you saw my previous entry : You ever have that feeling.... I mentioned my temps randomly jumped up 20-40 degree's Celsius. I've noticed coolant stank from the radiator but for sure I thought it was a leaky upper hose due to my temp sensor buoy.

But I removed the cap on the radiator and I guess it let air into the radiator which lets whatever water/coolant it was holding in piss all over the floor. Luckily my boy Jack @ Jordan Innovations was selling a griffin radiator for an s13sr20det. Although it's not for my chassis, it will get the job done and he had it there, no wait. I threw it on my tab with my wheels and came down Sunday to their shop in Irwindale to wrench on the car.

Needless to say I got a whole lot of shit done.

Just parking the car this is how much coolant I was losing from the hole.
I took my upper core support off to navigate in here a bit easier. 
Luckily the coolant had no rust in it. yellowish green with a hint of red from the water wetter. 
(l)Old unknown ebay radiator for "S14" (r)S13 Griffin Radiator
Jeff had this stuff on deck since he's an authorized AMSOIL dealer. So I threw it in! 
You may not notice it as well but there is a different air filter on my car now, I've been running the same blitz air filter since I bought this motor, never cleaned it or anything smart like that. Jeff so happened to have an AEM 3 inch synthetic filter in stock (which they carry and sell btw) and it's been on my to do list so I did the damn thing.

Jeff and Jack are like the devils advocate because they know I'm attentive and pretty easy to talk into things lol. Apparently I'm buying a full SPL rear subframe setup once they become dealers. Sooner or later I'm going to be told I gotta be at sema next year in the booth next to Jeff's LS1 FD because I damn near drive a Jordan Innovations shop car.

Got a long way to go, next I need to replace my turbo and get my new valve cover setup back in here. 
Now for the longest time it had bothered me that I had this fucking chip in my paint right above the intercooler inlet, plus the intercooler itself has been looking a bit haggard due to rock chips and the norms. So Jeff had some satin black laying around so I could take touch up paint to the hole nova leva. 

see chip above intercooler inlet, scrape on lip, haggard intercooler. 

touched up chips, intercooler black as wesley snipes, and front plate back on to obey the law. 

All in all I'm glad that I have such good friends who are in the industry, it's like my own personal autozone and second home to wrench on my car. I also had some fun with the whole hnl thing, if you don't know what that is you need to hit up you tube. This is one of my personal favorites. THE HNL (embedding disabled so you're gonna have to do it oldschool.)

As you can see my license plate game was not on point, same set of plates the car has had for probably it's entire existence in California. Well it's time I took my license plate game to...

The HOLE NEVA LEVA





haha well if it's not funny to you, it is to me. 

Wayne


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!