Seat game and where it's headed.

So when I got this car back in 2008, it had came with a "bride" seat. Out of every car I've ever built, I am not one to buy knock off parts, nor can I tolerate them being in my car. I mean if someone is going to break into my car to steal something, it better damn well be worth breaking into my car for.

Now if you bust a 200 dollar window for a 200 dollar seat, thinking you just came up on a 1500 dollar seat. Yeah I'm gonna have a problem with that, especially when it comes to talking to my insurance adjuster. So here we are at ground alpha. This to me is worse than stock.


Really I don't need to go into details as to why this seat isn't authentic, but there are no NEO CHROME VELOUR Bride seats.

Needless to say I had an s13 I had planned on building and since the seat bolt pattern is the same I figured I'd pocket a little change for the seat "50 bucks" to get it out of my sight instead of throwing it away. Which was probably the right thing to do.

So bam I had this guy in my car since 2009.

the most perfect street s14 has mismatched seats "GASP"

1991 240sx SE seat, holes and everything
So everytime I roll up somewhere and get out of my car, if someone is standing next to my driver door they're like "WTF AN S13 SEAT?" And I go and tell them the story about the seat above. Then they go on to tell me the seat in my car is the worst seat ever invented and how it's uncomfortable, shitty, blah blah.

It's probably safer than that replica seat posted above that was made in some chinese factory by someone who got to work with no fucks given and put that missy elliott sweatsuit fabric on it. So yes I rocked the s13 seat, I thought it was more comfortable than my passenger seat to be honest, but I've always been on the lookout for a spare s14 seat in base model trim where I didn't have to buy a pair and try to sell the passenger I had left over and the s13 seat.

Turns out my buddy Tyler (who's blog I won't link because he hasn't updated that shit in 2 years) had a base model driver seat for an s14 laying around he wanted to offload. We discussed this back at all star bash, I had put it off due to other fiduciary responsibilities. Welp something cut into that so I got sinbad with my shit and just got the seat anyway even though that money is someone elses. It shouldn't of existed and I should be flat ass broke right now.

But I guess the LA Court system can wait another 2 months right, because September is LXZ month.

old school vs the new school
Sadly I only found 1 quarter and bits of french fries and a few gum wrappers. 
a few 14in bolt turns later, I now have matching seats. 
Personally, I liked the s13 seat way better. If I could, I would run OEM honda civic del sol seats in my car, I think those are the best performance bang for the buck seats you could possibly buy. They sit low as hell, have great side bolster support, and look good. The s13 seat was pretty close to that but I gotta face it, shit was out of place, haggard sweat stains from the gym. And now with this off of my mind I gotta put something aside for when I step my seat game up.

I personally love these seats, they're going to take the seat game to the hnl imo. And I am torn if I'm going to go half leather, half fabric or just go all in for some full leather seats. For some reason if I'm going to be paying 2 grand for a chair, I might as well get it animal style. And that doesn't even include rails or sliders, so that purchase is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY on the bottom of my list.

But how legit are these seats?

Recaro Sportster CS
They come stock in the VW R32, but with a different fabric pattern all leather, look hot as fuck. The Audi RS4 also has these seats with slightly modified bolsters up top. Anyway that's what I want, mind is set, don't want status, don't want bride, don't want cobra, simpson, or sparco.

So if this explains why I could give a rats ass about what seats I have in my car, it's because I got my head in the future, I don't have time to be worrying about what's in there now.

-Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!