Test Fitting at Jordan Innovations.

Headed over to Jordan Innovations today to test fit the LXZ's and figure out tires, and most of all pay for the wheels lol. Jeff was kind enough to take us out to lunch over at Quickly I got the 
Mongolian beef, Jeff and Jack ordered 2 heaps of orange chicken and the special chow mein. I ate a few forkfuls of that rice, felt bad wasting it. And they made the intern pay LOL ice cold. John (JB) is a cool kid! He helped me out when I was at the shop doing my clutch swap. 


DAT MSG!!! 


The biggest fear I had was the fronts were going to be too agressive to clear the Willwood front brake. The good news is the 18x10 -3 has just a few mm of clearance. and spins freely, no hub-centric adapters were necessary as they slid right on in the front and rear no problem. 

checking brake clearance
right where that ridge is on the back of the lip is where the clearance gets super tight.

gonna lower it to find out where we're at with poke(pork)
Going to need wider front fenders, will have to run a 245/40/18 Advan AD08 for now
the wheel was slightly turned.
The vertex overs are only 12mm 
straightened out
17x9 +12 Volk GTU vs 18x10 -3 Weds Kranze LXZ

I can't wait to rip off that protective lip tape!!! 

Onto the rear, I apologize beforehand, Jeff was being a priss with the torque wrench and eager to get my other wheel back on. So I couldn't get a lip depth comparison with the 18x10 +8 Volk GT-U vs the 18x11 -7 LXZ. I run a 10mm ichiba spacer kit with the Volk wheels to flesh them out, I knew they sat a bit under my fender pull. so give or take a few mm I think this was a right on the money call to change the wheels to 11 inches wide rather than 10's at the same offset. And completely ditching the wheel spacer kit! 


I need toe and traction arms BAD. 
above the passenger rear wheel well

Discussing my pull vs say dmax overs (which Jeff has a set of) future mods of course.
I think the rears were pretty much spot on for fitment, most likely going to run a 255, or stay with a 265

If you know me, then you know I don't like running retard camber, and I hate stretched tires to make wheels fit cars, I personally want to run super aggressive fat ass MEAT on these, the problem with that is the body of my car won't allow it. So I have no choice but to go widebody. Then I can throw some 285's on the back and some 265's or 275's up front. And flatten the camber out as much as possible, man the car is going to have a wide ass foot print w/o the assistance of spacers.

When I commit to a modification it's got to be future proofed, I can't tweak it, there is no turning back. Eventually I want to do metal work in the engine bay and tub the fenders, I definitely am going to build some custom carbon fiber rain guards for the front wheels, after 2 years of driving without rain guards I now understand their purpose. My sideskirts are getting eaten all to hell from all the loose gravel my wheels throw in the door. So I have chipped paint on the bottom of my door and all over the innards of my side skirts.

As far as wide body, I don't know what I want to run in the back, chargespeed is the closest non aggressive oem looking but is 50mm. Something 30mm would be perfect, vertex ridge is a full on kit and I don't believe is any more aggressive than my current pull.

Dmax is cool because it's available, but I really HATE the hard line over the gas tank door, basically whichever over has the best gas integrated gas door look is going to be the hands down winner. I want to have them molded but I can live with rivets I suppose. It really all depends on money and the time it happens. Right now I just need to focus on wider front fenders without making my car look like a lifted truck.

And there you have it, not much car modding is going on right now, I'm so tight with things right now that I don't really have play money available like I did before so even buying the wheels put me in a bind with all of the random shit that came up, state ref ticket getting paid, clutch going out on me, paying another 400 dollars a few months ago to just have the pivot ball changed in the transmission only to drop it again. Seriously as long as the car will hold itself together for a few more months I have some mechanical things to take care of.

I will be building a separate subframe outside of the car so to minimize any downtime with my setup, it will be a simple subframe swap when the time comes. Plan to outfit it with a good 7-900 of parts from SPL, and maybe if I have the time and money I'll upgrade the knuckle bearings to SPL Sphericals.

Originally was going to go with PSM or PBM or whatever you want to call them, but delay after delay after delay of when product is going to be in vs money burning a hole in my pocket at the time that could be used elsewhere has completely turned me off to future purchases from them. Otherwise it would be my first option.

I know I'm already going to get shit for running stretched tires in the front but it's not going to look super retarded, it's just something I'm going to have to live with for a while until I can afford more aero and paint. It's as simple as that, at the end of the day it's my car so I personally don't give a flying fuck what anyone else has to say.

I could make everyone cry and just run a set of flares over the vertex fenders to clear LOL!!! stacks, on stacks, on stacks, on stacks.

You probably won't be seeing any updates on this for a while, Battlefield 3 comes out on the 25th, I hope a lot of you readers out there plan on playing it for the PC. If so my Origin and Battlelog name are : o137o add me and lets go kick some ass?

Laters.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!