Yokohama S Drives

So I've been needing to replace my tires, I really didn't want to put new tires on the volks and would've rather put them on LXZ's but I need to build my subframe before doing that, and I also need to pick up my rebuilt turbo. 

Tons of shit always comes up and I don't have the money to do what I want when I want. I was trying to stretch the Hankook RS3's out until the end of feb, but once the tread blocks got low the tires just seemed to waste away. The tires didn't handle bad in dry hot weather at this point, but that night it rained last week I ended up getting about 80 percent home without hydroplaning surprisingly, and then sure enough I hit one of those groves on the freeway that pulls you to the left or right and pretty much held a powerslide for about 300 feet. 

this is where tread should be.



The Yokohama S drives have a pretty crazy tread pattern, they also have a 300treadwear rating as opposed to the 140 the RS3s had. My search for new tires required them to perform pretty well and have similar grip to the 615k and the RS3 but a higher treadwear rating and the ability to have them rotated was a determining factor.

The sidewalls on the S drive are designed to protect the lip of your wheels, but of course people have pictures of how they look stretched. I'm thinking that this setup should be fine for my fronts, although I'm thinking about going 235 instead of 245. We'll see when I go to purchase them. 

245/35/18 on a 18x10
So far I like them, but we'll see how I feel after I drive in the rain with them. 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!