I was supposed to just check my reverse lights

And ended up taking on 2 projects, and never fucking with those lights. LOL!


So I stopped at autozone, bought some offset wrenches (not paying attention to what size they were so they were returned.) some silicone, some nuts, stopped at home depot, picked up some primer, hammered black paint, 2 steel wool pads and a wetsand block. Above is my random box of parts I've yet to bother installing. 

I dug into the valve cover first, I need to put it back on my car. I originally was going to have something crazy done like mimic'ing the exceed moat/yashio factory style valve cover. And now that I've decided to just throw an LS motor in my car because it's the cool thing to do. I decided I didn't want to waste 200 bucks to just paint something I'll never really look at and end up selling and taking a loss on. So I did what any other cheap ass person would do. I black bombed it to oem spec. 


I started off by rounding the a/n weld on a tad and smoothing out the welds, why? I dunno I guess I just like to use my dremel every now and then.

washed with dish soap, scrubbed with steel wool pad

Someone left this ugly ass table behind the apts, perfect paint/drying rack LOL
 I am ashamed that I have no dry clean hangars in my apt, I really need to take my nice clothes to the cleaners more instead of just washing the shit myself. Feel bad I ruined these nice white hangars lol.

First layer of primer, came out chunky for some reason. #spraycanlife

After the primer dried, wetsanded with water block and let dry

Oh yeah, decided to hammer up the exhaust manifold heat shield as well. 

Still drying, I'll clean the letters off later. 

I only had one abrasive bit for my dremel and it died out on the letters below.
Will pick another up tomorrow for the nissan portion of things. 

It's not beautiful at all, and I'm okay with that.
Much less I think I failed at buying wrinkle paint *shrugs*
So while I was doing all of that on the back end of our apartment complex I brought my Garage-S hood downstairs to finally cut it up for the aerocatch pins that I measured out a few weeks ago. 


I don't run an oem hood latch, and don't plan on selling this hood either.

boom, now you have to run aerocatch pins to rock the hood. 
I washed the hood off and left a note on my neighbors car that I got fiberglass dust all over it and offered to wash it, I came back after making a run and the note was still there so I removed it and will just wait to be confronted LOL. It's Friday, why the fuck weren't you at work anyway! 

Installed a new z32 fuel filter, figured that would be a good idea. Cheap maintenance


Please believe though that there was about 6-8oz of gas still in the other filter and I wasn't about to just "throw it away" I was trying to get every last drop back in the car. 

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet
So after this was done, that was done, I cleaned shit up, half assed my valve cover, replaced a hose. I also had some other goodies in that box, a replacement head/exhaust manifold stud, washer, and locking nut. Only to thread the shit in and find out it's not long enough. 

Godamn FR Sport, please fix your descriptions or something. *facepalm* Needless to say I never got around to checking the electrical for my brake lights (figured I'd finally hook them up, but suuuuuuuper lazy) 

I then drove over to impressive wrap around 7pm to ask how much it would cost to get a clear bra done, I was greeted by someone who told me that they were almost closed while laughing (while I laughed inside) 

Don't put bullshit like that on your facebook if you don't mean it. 
So I ask how much for a clear bra, and a few other things and he tells me they don't do clearbra's only complete re-wraps. LOLZ that's not impressive at all, and all this HYPE I've been hearing about this place why so much discrimination towards clear bras? Needless to say our conversation ended there as I got in my car and left. 

So I did a lot, but feel like I accomplished shit today. Also learned that -8 is not going to work out for my oil drain back since it's 5/8th so in the end I should've welded a -10 back there. Oh well no problem. Ordered up 1in width fire sleeving, and a -8 female to -10 male enhancer adapter. So maybe I can put this thing back on my car. Too lazy to strip valve cover and re-weld. 

What did you end up doing today? 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!