Just another day of tuner life.

I did my crossfit thing and then headed out to Irwindale to hang out with Jeff at his shop to see what new developments have transpired on his FD. The car is in pieces waiting for the fabricator to finish it up, looks pretty cool at the moment however.

Jeff has tires all mounted up on Lee's wheels from BRS Designs, they want to help get Jeff on the track and represent.

The work wheels on the right will be performing the track duty with the new Hankook Ventus TD
If you would like more info about the Ventus TD's you can check it out here

My charge speed rear overs came in, shit gets here pretty fast from japan, only took a week. Everyone makes it seem like these take forever to get in your hands. I will also be ordering up a set of fronts pretty soon to replace my vertex fenders. I need something a bit wider up front with great craftsmanship and chargespeed is butter. Worth every dollar spent!!!




Going to have to have the antenna hole filled on the driver side. Didn't even realize they would provide a hole for that. Comes with a fiberglass gas cap as well, wonder if its' one of those jams you just stick onto your gas cap? I was going to do the same thing silbeer did with his gas door.

Again you can read about this here.

This stuff smells like coconut suntan oil I swear it! 
I told Jeff I needed to lube up my pin slides on the aerocatch pins on my hood and if he had any spray lube at the shop. Then he hands me this, needless to say I also sprayed some in my door hinges to get rid of that awful haunted house noise the car makes when opening and closing them. So embarrassing for such a cool car! 



Andrew from Honeymoon garage showed up to play with Jeff. 
This is where I had to say my goodbyes for the day after talking about crossfit, throwing the football around, talking about chicks, and eating a nice meal at savoy's! All in a day, came home to this awesome package after a 30 minute nap and shower. 




Nissan charges 25 bucks for that part, it's discontinued, and almost NOBODY has them in stock because nobody orders them. Every part that nobody carries or was hard to find I was able to get from http://courtesyparts.com/ It's a nissan parts dealership in TX. The only thing that sucks is the 8 dollars worth of shipping, but I guess if you add up CA tax along with a drive out to WestCo Nissan it even's itself out. Needless to say, no more coffee spillage in my car, so stoked about this. 

People mindlessly throw this part away... because racecar, needless to say you can turn some good coin around due to it's rarity and people like myself who don't want ugly ass jdm cupholders in their defrost vents. 

Till next time, still waiting for my spl stuff to show up. 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!