Cinco De Mayo

The oil leak from my valve cover seals actually started to bug me, and not too sure how much oil I was losing. Regardless I was losing pressure @ the head of the engine and that's bad for a turbo motor as far as power is concerned. Plus the inside of the car started to smell like shit.

I woke up early and got some cupcakes from my favorite place, wonderland custom cakes in pasadena. It's right up the street from my crossfit gym and super convenient. I totally recommend it if you're in the 626. The ingredients are so fresh that I would almost go as far to say they're pretty healthy as opposed to grocery store cupcakes/sweets filled with corn fructose and preservatives.

Cinco De Mayo enjoying a fresly made Churro Cupcake
The Evil Twin : Carrot Cake with Jalepeno (fucking AWESOME is all I have to say) 

I arrived at the shop and allowed my engine to cool down, I was greeted by my two favorite dorks, Jack and Jeff. They're like family now, and according to Jack "Must be nice to have a hobby shop to work on your car at" LOL!

I think instead of work on my car on Thursday I'll help clean the place up. Obviously pick up has been neglected while Jeff is spending his LIFE in the shop getting customer orders ready to ship and then taking breaks to do things on his own car. 

I didn't want to get my jeans dirty so I took them off and greeted them both with my 2XU compression skins while wearing a button up shirt. The most odd thing another man can wrench on while with other men, I will say the fresh brisk air traversing through my gooch to my balls while bent over removing the valve cover was very refreshing. 

I did my usual of goofing around the shop, I wanted to sit in the authentic FIA racing recaro's in the BRS racing RX-7 I think the Recaro SPG is an awesome seat and my upper back actually fits into it. Because I have a wide back it sucks sitting in racing buckets because the lumbar supports normally push me out of the seat. Here I'm just uncomfortable. 

Oh I like this, Very nice but now I have a man pussy. 


My balls literally are in a fiberglass vice, but Jeff asked me to give him face for the cam. 
Since I was bent on troubleshooting the wiper amp in my car because I want the return to work again I decided to take the harness off of the car, also my water temp sender to the ecu wasn't making it back. And the signal wire for the tps broke somehow. (pulled from the pin) 


I should've done a test fit before I wrapped the slit sleeving back over it since I put the wiper motor plug on the interior side of the harness, not a big deal really. I also sleeved it finally after it was exposed for so long. I had planned on going to the Fontana Nissan car meet on Sunday so if I had to open my engine compartment I wanted it to look decent.

You can use your imagination to picture me adding a finger spread amount of silicone around the valve cover gasket and re-tightening it.

Needless to say wiper wiring is on point now but being plugged into bad amps it decided to randomly start working on it's own. So no amp for the time being.

I took some breaks from working on my car to help Jeff bleed his clutch, I got some sweet video or not so sweet video of us doing such. Raw and un-cut!


The sun quickly disappeared 30 minutes after that. It's nuts how long you can work on a car and not realize you've been working on them for 8 hours already. Much less those days where 12-16-18-20-24 hours go by after wrenching, getting caught up by one other little thing. Crazy. 

After fixing the tps sensor, the temp wiring, and a few other odds and ends the car seems to still be throwing codes which is like BLOWING my mind to be honest with you. I've checked all of the leads, pin to pin. Because now I'm paranoid and it's just settled that my car will never idle like it's supposed to although it's wired up correctly. And I refuse to wire up consult or anything like that when I still don't have the ability to adjust anything after I discover what the consult says is going on. It's pointless really. 

I rushed out of the shop to watch the Mayweather vs Cotto fight, awesome fight btw. Congrats Floyd Mayweather on going 43-0. Just an amazing fighter to watch no matter if you hate or love him. Then I was supposed to head out to a birthday thing, wallet ended up being back at the shop. *womp womp I came back grabbed my shit, headed out and I was so exhausted I just went home and said fuck the nissan meet. Decided to stay home with my girlfriend who actually felt bad I decided not to go hang out and to car stuff. 


So here we are hiking Cherry Canyon at 8am instead of me being at the west covina nissan caravan for the Fontana Nissan Meet, being famished and only eating cupcakes the day before at my means of sustenance. I enjoyed a great brunch with friends at Gus's BBQ in South Pasadena. 

the chicken and waffles is pretty legit (mainly the chicken is delicious) 

And then I went home and slept till 6pm with no fucks given towards the remainder of my day. Hope everyone else had a fun weekend and also fun at the Fontana Nissan Meetro de quatro or whatever they called it.

-Wayne

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!