Installing an intercooler, how hard could this be?

I've been wanting a mid mount setup for some time now. I finally ponied up for the PSM mid mount intercooler kit. I was really excited to get this in the mail after seeing so many other people who purchased the kit. Maybe I selected some boxes I shouldn't have when checking out, I'm not too sure. You'll see in a bit.

Jeff is just hours away from firing his car up for the first time in almost a year it seems. 

So I decided to put the mid mount intercooler setup in, all of the hardware was included for the install. T-bolt clamps, couplers, piping, intercooler. Would've been nice if they threw in a hose for the IACV as well, going to have fun picking up one that won't kink.


Daily scaring from driving at formula d height. This would be x2 if I was a half inch lower. 
Here are some close up's of my daily driving battle damage, my brother is going to hate me when I have this repaired.  Just need a more friction tolerant surface in place.




Jordan Innovations, my personal hobby shop. - Hsiao Hsu
Removed all of this jazz, took moments of course. 
Was so happy to finally air chisel off that stupid hood latch bracket. 

So after a few hours of cutting, test fitting, cutting, test fitting, rinse and repeat. Here we are trollfaced. 
I wonder if there was some kind of mishap with my order or this was my fault, actually overlooking the order  how the fuck I missed this I don't know. 
MAX High Mount Intercooler Kit for 380.00
SR and KA-T with T-25 and T28 turbo
Coupler Color Preference: Black
Vehicle Body: S13
Engine and turbo: S13 SR with T25
Greddy intake manifold or OEM: OEM
V for drifting (MAX recommendation!)
Labor to weld on BOV mount: I dont need a BOV
I had s13 selected as the vehicle body, either way I'll send them and email and see if there is anything I can do or if I'll have to take the pipe to someone to weld in a 3 inch extension to it. Either way right now isn't a big deal, I think my only gripe with the kit was the t-bolt clamps were almost impossible to get over some of the couplers. 

I had to re-use some old worm clamps and some of my larger t-bolt's from the previous intercooler setup. We cut off a 3 inch section of another 2.5 inch pipe and sectioned that in for the time being on the hotside of things. Still need to drill the mounting holes on the core support sides and upper core support to find out where this thing's resting place will be. 


Late to work had to have my girlfriend come and pick my sad butt up. This car I tell ya
 The whole reason I stopped by the shop today was for a man date, we were supposed to hit up wingstop with Mike Mamos of clearcorners.com but he is busy building a lady car, seems all of us seem to be occupied with our 4 wheeled women.

I'll be back at the shop bright and early tomorrow to finish up the intercooler install, and also to fix the main problem I was in the back to diagnose, my power cable on my alternator to the starter.


This is the first main line to my cars charging system had vibrated loose from it's crimp. And on certain bumps it would come loose and then touch again which caused the car to violently jolt or lose power.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!