Installing an intercooler part 2

Here we are, day 2 of our PSM HMIC install. I am super curious how difficult this install was for some other folks. I guess I will show the lay of the land and where we're at. 

After tons of cutting, this is where I left off. 

Here is my temporary solution to my charge pipe issue. 

So after my mishap I emailed Dan and let him know I screwed up and didn't check the chassis I selected when submitting my order. So my charge pipe is for the s13sr20 in an s13 above. He rebuts stating that no it was their screw up and they sent me the wrong thing. So we worked something out to where I will get the proper length pipe and I have already received tracking for that. And I can mail them this one back, awesome. That's the one thing I love about Parts Shop MAX is that they always will take care of their customer needs.

I had to trim the driver side and passenger side headlight brackets. 

Material removed


More test fitting, looks good now. 

material removed.

Driver side

Herp derp, gonna have to trim the headlights. 

I was able to save the bright level on the driver side, passenger side it had to be removed. 

For the most part the car is back together, everything has been tested and car feels great. 
I don't feel much of a difference response wise because I run a t25 @ 7lbs of boost. I'm very conservative about my engine since I don't really have a need for power. I do feel the power is more direct, and 20 minutes of driving the car felt awesome until the power started to cut out again. I guess after fixing my chassis wiring from the alternator to the starter. We got so excited identifying the problem that I didn't take the time to make sure ALL sources were in good shape.

So I think it's safe to assume at this point my charge wire either going to my battery has a bad crimp/corrosion going on, or my chassis power wire from starter to fusebox has the issue. Either way I limped the car home hoping that I didn't run into any bumps and eliminated any unnecessary power draws. And here I am at work with the worlds worst headache, tired as shit and frusted as hell.

I'm so glad that at least I have a spare subframe available to me to do all of my bushings and shit without any downtime to the car other than unbolt, and bolt back up. *CROSSING MY FUCKING FINGERS*

I've also started phase 1 of my car's paint refresh and had my brother swing by the shop and bring my other bumper while grabbing the vertex front and chargespeeds for paint. Stay tuned, at least some desert after the bad dinner.

-Wayne


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring an S13 SR20DET up for an S14 (95-98)

S14 Digital Climate Control 2022 Redux

Almost there!